Effect of pre-deformation on the precipitation process and magnetic properties of Fe–Cu model alloys
- 269 Downloads
The effect of pre-deformation on the precipitation process and magnetic properties of Fe–Cu model alloys was investigated. These specimens simulate irradiation embrittlement of nuclear reactor pressure vessel (RPV) steels. Fe–1 wt%Cu alloys with and without pre-deformation in solid-state solution were thermally aged at 773 K for various times and the evolution of hardness, conductivity, and microstructure were investigated. Pre-deformation enhanced Cu precipitation and caused precipitation at dislocations. The coercive force tended to decrease for the pre-deformed specimen and the underlying mechanism is discussed. The results obtained are related to the magnetic characteristics of irradiated RPV steels.
KeywordsCoercive Force Thermal Aging Model Alloy Irradiation Defect Reactor Pressure Vessel
This research was partly supported under contract with the Japan Nuclear Energy Safety Organization (JNES) and in part by a Grant-in-Aid for Scientific Research (S), No. 141020345, and (B), No. 20360416, from the Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology of Japan.
- 3.Nagai Y, Toyama T, Nishiyama Y, Suzuki M, Tang Z, Hasegawa M (2005) Appl Phys Lett 87:261920/1-3Google Scholar
- 5.Kronmüller H, Fähnle M (2003) Micromagnetism and the micro-structure of ferromagnetic solids. Cambridge University Press, UK, p 71Google Scholar
- 6.Träuble H (1969) In: Berkowitz AE, Kneller E (eds) Magnetism and metallurgy. Academic Press, New York, p 621Google Scholar
- 8.Pirlog M, Altpeter I, Dobmann G, Hübshen G, Kopp M, Szielasko K (2007) In: Takahashi S, Kikuchi H (eds) Electromagnetic nondestructive evaluation (X). IOS Press, Amsterdam, p 170Google Scholar
- 13.Zhang C, Enomoto M, Yamashita T, Sano N (2004) Metall Mater Trans A 35A:1253Google Scholar
- 15.Liu JZ, van de Walle A, Ghosh G and Asta M (2005) Phys Rev B72:144109/1-16Google Scholar
- 17.Takahashi S, Kikuchi H, Ara K, Ebine N, Kamada Y, Kobayashi S, Suzuki M (2006) J Appl Phys 100:023902/1-6Google Scholar