Fabrication of (BiNa)0.5TiO3–BaTiO3 textured ceramics by tape casting
- 242 Downloads
The textured (BiNa)0.5TiO3–BaTiO3 ceramic with a preferred 〈h00〉 orientation was fabricated by tape casting with the plate-like Bi2.5Na3.5Nb5O18 (BINN5) particles as template. Effects of processing parameters and the content of template on the microstructure and the texture fraction of NBT-based ceramics were investigated. The results show that the texture fraction increases with increasing sintering temperature and the increasing content of BINN5. The increased sintering temperature and BINN5 content result in the grain size and the grain shape changing from irregular to plate like. These factors were responsible for the increased degree of orientation. The texture fraction had a maximum value when the sintering temperature is 1225 °C and the optimal content of template is 20 wt.%.
KeywordsBaTiO3 Sinter Temperature Increase Sinter Temperature Tape Casting Bismuth Titanate
This work was supported by National Science Foundation of Shaanxi Province in China, Postgraduate Starting Seed Foundation and Outstanding Scholars Fund of Northwest Polytechnical University.
- 1.Takenak T, Nagata H (1999) Key Eng Mater 57:157Google Scholar
- 3.Takenaka T, Nagata H (2005) J Eur Ceram Soc 25:2693. doi: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jeurceramsoc.2005.03.125 CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 5.Uchikoshi T, Suzuki TS, Okuyama H, Sakka Y (2004) J Mater Sci 39:861. doi: https://doi.org/10.1023/B:JMSC.0000012915.76707.ca CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 8.Hong SH, Trolier-McKinstry S, Messing GL (2000) J Am Ceram Soc 83(9):2203Google Scholar
- 9.Lotgering FK (1959) J Inorg Chem 9:113Google Scholar