Effect of anorthite and diopside on dielectric properties of Al2O3/glass composite based on high strength of LTCC substrate
- 309 Downloads
The green sheet of an alumina filler/glass matrix, which is a glass–ceramic based on an anorthite and diopside composite, is a low-fired substrate material for microelectronic packaging. In this study, alumina/glass sheets were prepared using a tape-casting process. The mechanical and dielectric properties of the sintered bodies were examined as a function of the sintering temperature. The volume of the crystalline phases was considered with the peak area of the XRD intensity for evaluating the alumina/glass composite. The flexural strength and dielectric properties of the sintered alumina/glass composites were 167.2 ± 13.1 MPa for the four-point bending test, 5.51 for the dielectric constant and 2,078 MHz for the quality factor, respectively. The dielectric constant was dependent on the volume of crystalline phases present.
KeywordsDielectric Constant Dielectric Property Crystalline Phasis Flexural Strength Diopside
This work was supported by the IT R&D program of MIC/IITA [2006-s055-02, Ceramic Material and Process for High Integrated Module], the Ministry of Education and Human Resources Development (MOE), the Ministry of Commerce, Industry and Energy (MOCIE) and the Ministry of Labor (MOLAB) through the fostering project of the Lab of Excellency.
- 14.Kim HS, Rawlings RD, Rogers PS (1989) Br Ceram Proc 42:59Google Scholar
- 15.Kingery WD, Bowen HK, Uhlman DR (1976) Introduction to ceramics. Wiley, New York, p 793Google Scholar
- 16.Rice RW (1998) Porosity of ceramics. Marcel Dekker, Inc., New York, p 10Google Scholar
- 17.Gdula RA (1971) Ceram Bull 50:555Google Scholar
- 18.MatWeb, Material Property Data, (Automation Creations, Inc., 1996) (https://doi.org/www.matweb.com)