Dielectric constant, magnetic permeability and microwave absorption studies of hot-pressed Ba-CoTi hexaferrite composites in X-band
- 465 Downloads
The microwave absorption, complex permittivity and complex permeability studies of hot-pressed hexaferrite composites prepared with Ba(CoTi)xFe12-2xO19 (x = 0.0, 0.2, 0.4, 0.8, and 1.0) were made in the frequency range from 8.0 to 12.4 GHz. The hexaferrite composites with x > 0.0 exhibit significant dispersion in the complex permittivity (εr′-jεr″). However the dispersion in complex permeability (μr′-jμr″) is not significant and is attributed to the shielding effect of polymer matrix over the ferrite crystallites. The reflection loss has been studied as function of frequency, composition and thickness of absorber. A comparison of reflection loss of hot-pressed ferrite composites with that of normal sintered ferrite composites was made and analyzed. A minimum reflection loss of—24.0 dB is obtained at 9.9 GHz for 2.8 mm thick sample of BaCo0.4Ti0.4Fe11.2O19 hot-pressed hexaferrite composite.
KeywordsFerrite Microwave Absorption Reflection Loss Magnetic Loss Barium Ferrite
The author (PS) would like to thank Dr. R. K. Puri, former professor, Department of physics, I.I.T. Delhi, New Delhi for his guidance and support in this work. Thanks are also due to Mr. Vipitya Katiyar, Department of physics, Allahabad University for his help at measurement stage on MNA Model HP 8510B.
- 3.Singh P, Babbar VK, Razdan A, Puri RK, Goel TC (May1, 2000) J Appl Phys 87:4362Google Scholar
- 7.Razdan A, Babbar VK, Singh P (2000) Ind J Engi Mat Sci 7:422Google Scholar
- 9.Babbar VK, Puri RK (1992) IEEE TransMagn 28:1621Google Scholar
- 12.Singh P, Babbar VK, Razdan A, Goel TC, Srivastava SL (2004) Ind J Pure & Appl Phys 42:221Google Scholar
- 15.Albanese G (1977) J Phys 38:C1-85Google Scholar
- 18.Ishino K, Narumiya Y (1987) Amer Ceramic Bulletin 66:1469Google Scholar
- 19.Rado GT (1953) Review Mod Phys 25:819Google Scholar