Correlation between optical, electrical and structural properties of vanadium dioxide thin films
- 339 Downloads
VO2 films have been prepared on normal microscope glass slides by reactive rf magnetron sputtering of vanadium target in a mixture of argon and oxygen. Optical properties of the films were investigated by the UV/Vis/NIR Perkin–Elmer Lamda 9. Transmission electron microscope and atomic force microscope were used to investigate the structure of the films. Correlation between structural and optical properties of VO2 thin films is investigated with respect to the dependence of both to substrate temperature.
KeywordsDeposition Temperature Rutherford Backscatter Spectroscopy Vanadium Dioxide Hysteresis Width Transmission Electron Microscope Microstructure
Mlyuka, N. R. would like to thank the University of Dar es Salaam for scholarship. IPPS, Uppsala University, Sweden is also acknowledge for support including research equipment and materials.
- 3.Granqvist CG (1991) In: Granqvist CG (ed) Energy efficient windows: present and forthcoming technology, Pergamon, OxfordGoogle Scholar
- 5.Babulanam SM, Eriksson TS, Niklasson GA, Granqvist CG, (1986) SPIE 692:007Google Scholar
- 6.Petit C, Frigerio J, Goldman M, (1999) J Phy: Condens Matter 11:3259Google Scholar
- 8.Sobhan MA, Kivaisi RT, Stjerna B, Granqvist CG, (1994) SPIE 2255:423Google Scholar
- 9.Begishev AR, Galiev GB, Ignat’ev AS, Mokerov VG, Poshin VG, (1978) Sov Phys Solid State 20(6):951Google Scholar
- 11.Samiji ME (1997) Preparation and characterization of vanadium dioxide films M.Sc. Dissertation, University of Dar es salaamGoogle Scholar
- 15.Buhling B, Michalowski L, (1976) LE VIDE 185:185Google Scholar