Enhanced ferroelectric and piezoelectric properties of (Bi1-xLax)FeO3-BaTiO3 ceramics near Morphotropic phase boundary
- 84 Downloads
0.7Bi1-xLaxFeO3–0.3BaTiO3 (abbreviated as BLxF-0.3BT at 0.00 ≤ x ≤ 0.05) system was designed to explore the relationship between the morphotropic phase boundary (MPB) separating with rhombohedral (R) phase and pseudocubic (PC) one, and piezoelectric property. X-ray diffraction and Rietveld refinement results of XRD data reveal that the phase structure of samples evolved from R-PC two-phase coexistence at 0.00 ≤ x ≤ 0.03 to PC-symmetry at x = 0.05. Due to coexisting R-PC two phases near MPB region and the improvement of polarization property, excellent d33 = 170 pC/N and kp = 28.74% were achieved in BLxF-0.3BT system at x = 0.01. This research revealed the potential of BLxF-0.3BT system as promising lead-free piezoelectric ceramics with relatively high Curie temperature TC = 477 °C.
KeywordsBismuth ferrite Piezoelectricity Morphotropic phase boundary Curie temperature
This work was supported by Beijing Natural Science Foundation (Grant No. 2164066), National Natural Science Foundation of China (Grant No. 51472026), Fundamental Research Funds for the Central Universities (Grant No. FRF-TP-15-077A1), and the China Postdoctoral Science Foundation (Grant No. 2016 M590044).
- 1.B. Jaffe, W. R. Cook, H. Jaffe, Piezoelectric ceramics, Academic Press, New York (1971), p317Google Scholar
- 5.L.F. Zhu, B.P. Zhang, L. Zhao, J.F. Li, J. Mater, Chem. C 2, 4764–4771 (2014)Google Scholar
- 9.Q. Li, J. Wei, J. Cheng, J. Chen, J. Mater, Sci. 52(1), 229–237 (2017)Google Scholar
- 20.T. Zheng, Y. Ding, J. Wu, J Mater Sci: Mater Electron 28, 11534–11542 (2017)Google Scholar
- 24.M. Mahesh Kumar, A. Srinivas, S.V. Suryanarayana, J. Appl, Phys. 87(2), 855–862 (2000)Google Scholar
- 25.Y. Wei, X. Wang, J. Zhu, X. Wang, J. Jia, J. Am, Ceram. Soc. 96(10), 3163–3168 (2013)Google Scholar