Inclusions of the Hexagonal Phase in Cubic ZnS Ceramics
- 1 Downloads
IR Fourier reflectance spectra (50–500 cm–1) of ZnS ceramics synthesized by chemical vapor deposition (including those with additional hot isostatic pressing), hot pressing, and physical vapor deposition are presented. The samples are assumed to have a cubic crystallographic structure (sphalerite) because of the phase composition of the raw materials and the temperature prehistory of them. However, a weak band at ~295 cm–1 that is characteristic of hexagonal ZnS crystals (wurtzite) manifests itself in both the reflectance spectra and the spectra of optical constants of all samples. Sphalerite → wurtzite recrystallization below the nominal phase transition temperature (1023°С) may be a consequence of the tendency ZnS to form the polytypical structure, which is facilitated in this ceramic material by the highly heterogeneous structure of the crystallites themselves.
KeywordsZnS ceramics IR reflectance spectra optical constants recrystallization abrasive treatment residual strain
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.M. Saleh, K. G. Lynn, and J. S. McCloy, Proc. SPIE Int. Soc. Opt. Eng., 10179, 1017904 (2017).Google Scholar
- 5.Z. Shizen, M. A. Hongli, R. Jean, M.-C. Odile, A. Jean-Luc, L. Jacques, Z. Xianghua. J. Optoelectron. Adv. Mater. — Rapid Commun., 1, 667–671 (2007).Google Scholar
- 8.L. A. Ketova, Heterophasic Heterogeneities as a Source of Nonselective Optical Losses in High-Purity Optical Materials for Fiber And High-Power IR Optics, Doctoral Dissertation in Chemical Sciences, Nizhnii Novgorod (2018).Google Scholar
- 12.K. G. Rozenburg and E. H. Urruti, Polycrystalline Chalcogenide Ceramic Material, US Pat. Appl. 20130271610 A1 (2013).Google Scholar
- 13.P. R. Yoder Jr., in: Opto-Mechanical Systems Design, 4th еdn., P. Yoder and D. Vukobratovich (Eds.), Vol. 1, CRC Press, (2017), Chap. 6.Google Scholar
- 14.R. H. Telling, G. H. Jilbert, and J. E. Field, Proc. SPIE Int. Soc. Opt. Eng., 3060, (1997).Google Scholar
- 16.A. F. Shchurov, E. M. Gavrishchuk, V. B. Ikonnikov, E. V. Yashina, A. N. Sysoev, and D. N. Shevarenkov, Neorg. Mater., 40, 4000–4007 (2004).Google Scholar
- 18.H. Poulet, W. E. Klee, and J. P. Mathieu, in: Proc. Int. Conf. Lattice Dynamics, Copenhagen (1965), pp. 337–341.Google Scholar
- 19.Q. Xiong, J. Wang, O. Reese, L. C. Lew Yan Voon, and P. C. Eklund, Nano Lett., 4, 2004–2008 (1991).Google Scholar
- 21.J. S. McCloy, Properties and Processing of Chemical Vapor Deposited Zinc Sulfi de, Ph.D. Thesis, University of Arizona (2008).Google Scholar