An Efficient Design of Reversible Multi-Bit Quantum Comparator Via Only a Single Ancillary Bit
- 58 Downloads
Quantum computing has emerged as one of the most promising technology due to its powerful computing capability. And quantum basic circuits like quantum comparator, quantum adder etc, are the foundation to realize quantum computing. In this paper, we present an efficient design to realize the comparison of two n-bit quantum logic states via only a single ancillary bit. Our proposed comparator compares two n-bit quantum logic states and identifies which of them is the largest, which of them is the smallest, and which of them is equal in linear quantum depth. Moreover, we analyze the superior performance of our proposed comparator in terms of auxiliary bits compared with the existing quantum logic comparators.
Keywordsn-bit quantum logic comparator Ancillary bit Efficient
This work is supported by the National Natural Science Foundation of China (No.61762014, No.61462026 and No.61762012),the Opening Project of Guangxi Colleges and Universities Key Laboratory of robot & welding (Guilin University of Aerospace Technology), the Opening Project of Shaanxi Key Laboratory of Complex Control System and Intelligent Information Processing, and the Research Fund of Guangxi Key Lab of intelligent integrated automation. This work is also partly supported by the Project of Science and Technology of Jiangxi province (No. 20161BAB202065).
- 2.Victor, P., Nelson, N.: Digital logic circuit analysis and design. Prentice Hall, Upper Saddle River (1995)Google Scholar
- 4.Wang, D., Liu, Z., Zhu, W., Li, S.: Design of quantum comparator based on extended general Toffoli gates with multiple targets. Comput. Sci. 39(9), 302–306 (2012)Google Scholar
- 6.Thapliyal, H., Ranganathan, N., Ferreira, R.: Design of a comparator tree based on reversible logic. In: 2010 10th IEEE Conference on Nanotechnology (IEEE-NANO), pp. 111–1116 (2010)Google Scholar
- 7.Vudadha, C., Phaneendra, P.S., Sreehari, V., Ahmed, S.E., Muthukrishnan, N.M., Srinivas, M.B.: Design of Prefix-Based optimal reversible comparator. In: 2012 IEEE Computer Society Annual Symposium on VLSI (ISVLSI), pp. 201–206 (2012)Google Scholar
- 9.Dirac, P.A.M.: The principles of ouantum mechanics. Oxford University Press, Oxford (1947)Google Scholar
- 15.Cuccaro, S.A., Draper, T.G., Kutin, S.A., et al.: A new quantum ripple-carry addition circuit. arXiv:quant-ph/0410184 (2004)
- 16.Draper, T.G., Kutin, S.A., Rains, E.M., et al.: A logarithmic-depth quantum carry-lookahead adder. arXiv:quant-ph/0406142 (2004)