Performance constrained multi-application network on chip core mapping
- 31 Downloads
This paper proposes the Bat mapping algorithm for efficient application mapping on NoC platform. This approach was assessed by applying it to various benchmark applications. Experimental results revealed that the Bat mapping algorithm has two major contributions compared with existing algorithms: (1) It enables dynamic mapping and efficiently identifies the most favorable mapping system. (2) The simulation tests indicated that the Bat algorithm exhibits higher performance.
KeywordsSystem on chip (SoC) Network on chip (NoC) Core Spare core placement
- Beechu, N. K. R., et al. (2017b). High-performance and energy-efficient fault-tolerance core mapping in NoC. Sustainable Computing: Informatics and Systems, 16, 1–10.Google Scholar
- Boddu, V. S., Reddy, B. N. K., & Kumar, M. K. (2016). Low-power and area efficient N-bit parallel processors on a chip. In 2016 IEEE annual India conference (INDICON).Google Scholar
- Celik, C., & Bazlamacci, C. F. (2012, February). Effect of application mapping on network-on-chip performance. In 2012 20th Euromicro international conference on parallel, distributed and network-based processing (pp. 465–472). IEEE.Google Scholar
- Chou, C. L., & Marculescu, R. (2008). Contention-aware application mapping for network-on-chip communication architectures. In 2008 IEEE international conference on computer design (pp. 164–169). IEEE.Google Scholar
- Chou, C. L., & Marculescu, R. (2011). FARM: Fault-aware resource management in NoC-based multiprocessor platforms. In 2011 design automation and test in Europe conference and exhibition (DATE).Google Scholar
- Liu, W., Xu, J., Wu, X., Ye, Y., Wang, X., Zhang, W., et al. (2011). A NoC traffic suite based on real applications. In 2011 IEEE computer society annual symposium on VLSI (pp. 66–71).Google Scholar
- MCSL network-on-chip benchmark suite Retrieved fromhttp://www.ece.ust.hk/~eexu/traffic.html.
- Murali, S., & De Micheli, G. (2004). Bandwidth-constrained mapping of cores onto NoC architectures. In Proceedings design, automation and test in Europe conference and exhibition.Google Scholar
- Noxim the NoC simulator Retrieved from https://github.com/davidepatti/noxim.
- Palermo, G., Mariani, G., Silvano, C., Locatelli, R., & Coppola, M. (2007, July). Mapping and topology customization approaches for application-specific stnoc designs. In 2007 IEEE international conf. on application-specific systems, architectures and processors (ASAP).Google Scholar
- Phanibhushana, B., & Kundu, S. (2014). Network-on-chip design for heterogeneous multiprocessor system-on-chip. In 2014 IEEE computer society annual symposium on VLSI, (pp. 486–491).Google Scholar
- Reddy, B. N. K. (2019a). An energy-efficient core mapping algorithm on network on chip (NoC). In International symposium on VLSI design and test (pp. 631–640).Google Scholar
- Reddy, B. N. K. (2019b). Design and implementation of high performance and area efficient square architecture using Vedic Mathematics. Analog Integrated Circuits and Signal Processing.Google Scholar
- Reddy, B. N. K., Suresh, N., Ramesh, J. V. N., Pavithra, T., Bahulya, Y. K., Edavoor, P. J., & Ram, S. J. (2015). An efficient approach for design and testing of FPGA programming using Lab VIEW. In 2015 international conference on advances in computing, communications and informatics (ICACCI) (pp. 543–548). IEEE.Google Scholar
- Reddy, B. N. K., Vasantha, M. H., & Kumar, Y. N. (2016). A gracefully degrading and energy-efficient fault tolerant noc using spare core. In 2016 IEEE computer society annual symposium on VLSI (ISVLSI) (pp. 146–151)Google Scholar
- Reddy, B. N. K., Vasantha, M. H., Kumar, Y. N., & Sharma, D. (2015). Communication energy constrained spare core on NoC. In 2015 6th international conference on computing, communication and networking technologies (ICCCNT) (pp. 1–4).Google Scholar