Thermal Characterization of a PPy/PLA Composite by Photoacoustic Calorimetry and Photopyroelectric Techniques
- 72 Downloads
Recently, conductive polymers have attracted attention in the field of advanced materials. Conducting polymers include polypyrrole (PPy), which is a material with commercial applications due to its stability and electrical conductivity. As technology demands increasingly flexible devices, PPy was mixed with a biodegradable and flexible polymer, polylactic acid, in order to create a composite possessing of newer properties. As it is a new material, thermal properties of this composite such as thermal diffusivity, thermal effusivity, specific heat capacity, and thermal conductivity have been investigated through the application of photoacoustic calorimetry and photopyroelectric techniques.
KeywordsPhotoacoustic calorimetry Photopyroelectric technique Polymer PPy/PLA composite
One of the authors (A. Cruz-Orea) thanks the partial financial support from the CONACYT project 241330. We also thank Ing. Esther Ayala, M. en C. Ana Bertha Soto and Ing. Marcela Guerrero from the Physics Department, CINVESTAV-IPN, for their technical support, and additionally, we acknowledge Gaspar Casados Cruz, from the Electrical Engineering Department, CINVESTAV-IPN, for his technical support in SEM imaging.
- 7.C.I. Idumah, A.N. Nwachukwu, Am. J. Mater. Sci. Eng. 1, 40 (2013)Google Scholar
- 8.C. Bastioli, Handbook of Biodegradable Polymers (n.d.)Google Scholar
- 10.B. Linnemann, M. Sri Harwoko, T. Gries, Chem. Fibers Int. 53, 6 (2003)Google Scholar
- 11.A.J. Rincon Lasprilla, G. Andres, R. Martinez, B.H. Lunelli, J. Efren, J. Figueroa, A.L. Jardini, R.M. Filho, Synthesis and Characterization of Poly (Lactic Acid) for Use in Biomedical Field (n.d.)Google Scholar
- 12.R.A.A. Alsaheb, A. Aladdin, Z. Othman, R.A. Malek, O.M. Leng, R. Aziz, H.A. El Enshasy, J. Chem. Pharm. Res. 7, 51 (2015)Google Scholar
- 20.A.P.L. Siqueira, L.H. Poley, R. Sanchez, M.G. da Silva, H. Vargas, J. Phys. IV 125, 297 (2005)Google Scholar
- 29.C. Dow, Moldflow Material Testing Report MAT2238 NatureWorks PLA (n.d.)Google Scholar
- 36.G. Rodríguez-Roldán, E. Suaste-Gómez, in IFMBE Proceedings (2017)Google Scholar