Miniature Fixed Points as Temperature Standards for In Situ Calibration of Temperature Sensors
- 158 Downloads
Miniature Ga and Ga–In alloy fixed points as temperature standards are developed at National Institute of Metrology, China for the in situ calibration of temperature sensors. A quasi-adiabatic vacuum measurement system is constructed to study the phase-change plateaus of the fixed points. The system comprises a high-stability bath, a quasi-adiabatic vacuum chamber and a temperature control and measurement system. The melting plateau of the Ga fixed point is longer than 2 h at 0.008 W. The standard deviation of the melting temperature of the Ga and Ga–In alloy fixed points is better than 2 mK. The results suggest that the melting temperature of the Ga or Ga–In alloy fixed points is linearly related with the heating power.
KeywordsGa and Ga–In alloy In situ calibration Miniature fixed-point Phase transition Quasi-adiabatic system
This work was supported by the National Natural Science Foundation of China (Nos. 11475162 and 51576181) and the National High-tech R&D Program (863 Program No. 2015AA123701).
- 2.X.P. Hao, Z.D. Yuan, J.H. Wang, J.T. Chen, Z.K. Ye, Chin. J. Sci. Instrum. 31, 231–234 (2010)Google Scholar
- 3.X.P. Hao, W.J. Zhao, Z.D. Yuan, J.H. Wang, F. Yu, Chin. J. Sci. Instrum. 31, 227–230 (2010)Google Scholar
- 4.S.Y. Huang, X.P. Hao, J.H. Wang, Z.D. Yuan, J.P. Wu, ACTA Metrol. Sin. 35, 120–124 (2014)Google Scholar
- 8.G. Ohring, J. Tansock, W. Emery, J. Butler, L. Flynn, F.Z. Weng, K.S. Germain, B. Wielicki, C.Y. Cao, M. Goldberg, J. Xiong, G. Fraser, D. Kunkee, D. Winker, L. Miller, S. Ungar, D. Tobin, J.G. Anderson, D. Pollock, S. Shipley, A. Thurgood, G. Kopp, P. Ardanuy, T. Stone, Eos Trans. Am. Geophys. Union 88, 136–137 (2007)ADSCrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 11.G. Krapf, M. Schalles, XIX IMEKO World Congress. Lisbon, Portugal, pp. 1509–1513 (2009)Google Scholar