Terahertz Spectrum Analyzer Based on Fourier Transform Interferometry
- 54 Downloads
A Fourier transform terahertz (THz) spectrum analyzer is demonstrated based on a Martin–Puplett interferometer in the frequency range of 0.1–1.5 THz. High dynamic ranges are achieved at room temperature using a Fermi level-managed barrier diode as the detector. Correction for the frequency dependence of power measurements is achieved using a high-pressure mercury lamp by assuming blackbody radiation. The absolute reference level is determined to be 1 mW by comparing with a calibrated power meter at 0.11 THz using a Gunn oscillator as a reference source. Moreover, the power linearities are evaluated by measuring the reference attenuator at different power levels. Consequently, dynamic ranges are quantitatively verified up to 45 dB within the linearity of 0.2–4.9 dB at frequencies of 0.11, 0.22, and 0.33 THz. Harmonics measurements of the Gunn oscillator are also demonstrated.
KeywordsTerahertz Spectrum analyzer Fourier transform Interferometer Dynamic range Correction Linearity
This work was supported by JSPS KAKENHI Grant Number JP19K04418 and JP18H01457.
- 1.Anritsu, Appl. Note MS2830A_MA2808A-E-F-1-(1.00) https://dl.cdn-anritsu.com/en-en/test-measurement/files/Application-Notes/Application-Note/ms2830a-ma2808a-ef1100.pdf. Accessed 6 June 2019
- 2.Keysight Technology, Appl. Note 5988-9414EN http://literature.cdn.keysight.com/litweb/pdf/5988-9414EN.pdf. Accessed 6 June 2019
- 3.Rohde&Schwarz, Appl. Note 1EF43_0E https://cdn.rohde-schwarz.com/pws/dl_downloads/dl_application/application_notes/1ef43/1ef43_0e.pdf. Accessed 6 June 2019
- 13.H. Ito, T. Ishibashi, Jpn. J. Appl. Phys. 56(1) 014101 (2017)Google Scholar
- 14.NTT Electronics, Fermi-level Managed Barrier Diode Module Specification, Specification No. FMB_1 (2018)Google Scholar
- 15.M. Naftaly, Terahertz Metrology, Artech House, pp. 317–319 (2015)Google Scholar