Modeling and Design Improvement of a Scrubber for Cooling of Flue Gas During Combustion of Fuel Oil and Petroleum Coke at Thermal Power Plants
Scrubber operations were studied using the Flow Vision software system, which made it possible to obtain a picture of the distribution of velocity, temperature, and pressure fields of the flue gas inside the scrubber, and estimate the operation of the gas distributors and intake equipment based on the standard deviation of the modulus of the axial speed. Based on the analysis that was conducted, design changes were adopted that are based on the design of flue gas cooling scrubber by refinement of the ammonia-sulfate desulfurization process.
Keywordsscrubber flue gases cooling fields speed temperature pressure distribution design changes
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.N. I. Gel’perin, V. L. Pebalk, and A. E. Kostanyan, Structure of Flows and Efficiency of Column Apparatuses of the Chemical Industry [in Russian], Moscow (1977).Google Scholar
- 2.S. B. Stark, Gas-Purifying Methods and Installations in Metallugical Production: Textbook for Higher Education Institutions [in Russian], Metallurgiya, Moscow (1990).Google Scholar
- 3.US Pat. 6550751, G. N. Brown, R. R. Gansley,M. L. Mengel, and E. Gal, Gas-liquid contactor with liquid redistribution device, dated Apr. 22. 2003.Google Scholar
- 4.A. G. Laptev and M. I. Farakhov, Hydromechanical Processes in Petrochemistry and Power Engineering: Handbook on Calculation of Apparatus [in Russian], Izd. Kazan. gos. univ., Kazan (2008).Google Scholar
- 5.A. M. Volodin, A. N. Epikhin, and S. K. Fedorova, “Experience in development of flue gas cleaning systems from sulfur oxides when burning fossil fuel at domestic thermal power plants,” Élektr. Stantsii, No. 1, (2015).Google Scholar
- 6.Flowvision. System of Model Operation of Driving of a Fluid And Gas. Version 2.3.3: User Guide, 1999 – 2007.Google Scholar
- 7.Solidworks. The World’s #1 Mainstream 3D Design Software. Version 2006: User Guide, 1995 – 2005.Google Scholar
- 8.V. Borovikov, STATISTICA. The Art of Computer Data Analysis: for Professionals [in Russian], Piter, St. Petersburg (2003).Google Scholar