Numerical Analysis of the Wave Conditions of a Port with a Navigation Channel (for the Sabetta-Utrenniy Port as an Example)
The ARTEMIS model is used to numerically analyze the wave conditions near the Sabetta-Utrenniy port of different layouts. Monochromatic and spectral waves were considered. The results show that a navigation channel can not only cause strong focusing of wave energy, but also give rise to zones of reduced waves. It is important to recognize these effects and use them to optimize the project.
Keywordsnavigation channel harbor wave conditions numerical simulation refraction wave energy ARTEMIS
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.D. Aelbrecht, “ARTEMIS 3.0: A finite element model for predicting wave agitation in coastal areas and harbours including dissipation,” WIT Transactions on The Built Environment, No. 30 (1997).Google Scholar
- 2.J. M. Hervouet, “TELEMAC, a hydroinformatic system,” La Houille Blanche, No. 3 – 4, 21 – 28 (1999).Google Scholar
- 3.S. M. Grey, I. C. Cruickshank, P. J. Beresford, and N. P. Tozer, “The impact of navigation channels on berth protection,” Proc. of ICE — Civil Engineering, 163, May (2010).Google Scholar
- 4.D.W. Dusseljee, C. Kuiper, and G. Klopman, “Wave modeling in navigation channels,” in: Proc. 4th Int. Conf. on Application of Physical Modeling to Port and Coastal Protection — Coastlab 12, Ghent, Belgium (2012), pp. 465 – 474.Google Scholar
- 5.S. K. Misra, A. M. Driscoll, J. T. Kirby, A. Cornett, P. Lomonaco, O. Sayao, and M. Yavary, “Surface gravity wave interactions with deep-draft navigation channels-physical and numerical modeling case studies,” in: 31st Int. Conf. Coastal Engineering 2008, Hamburg, Germany, DOI: https://doi.org/10.1142/9789814277426 0230, https://www.researchgate.net/publication/228782676
- 6.D. W. Dusseljee, G. Klopman, G. Ph van Vledder, and H. J. Riezebos, “Impact of harbor navigation channels on waves: a numerical modeling guideline,” in: Conf. Coastal Engineering 2014, June (2014).Google Scholar