Experimental Investigations of the Velocity Characteristics of a Flow Interacting with Flexible Protective Coatings
- 1 Downloads
The article describes and gives the results of laboratory hydraulic investigations to determine the kinematic characteristics of a flow interacting with flexible concrete protective coatings on the bottom of a watercourse. The laboratory equipment used in conducting the experiments is described. The schemes of the hydraulic tests and the results of measurements by two types of protective coatings differing in configuration of the blocks are given. The increase in the flow rate in the gaps between the blocks of the protective mats in the bottom region and decrease in the rate in the part of the flow above the protective coating are recorded.
Keywordsvelocity of water flow fluid flow rate flexible protective concrete coatings
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.V. S. Borovkov, Fluvial Processes and Dynamics of River Flows in Urbanized Territories [in Russian], Gidrometeoizdat, Leningrad (1989).Google Scholar
- 2.M. A. Mostkov, Outline of the Theory of Channel Flow [in Russian], Izd. AN SSSR, Moscow (1959).Google Scholar
- 3.M. A. Yumasheva, “Use of flexible concrete protective coatings in construction of water objects,” in: Coll. of Materials of the XIX Int. Intercollegiate Sci. and Tech. Conf. of Students, Magistrates, Postgraduate Students, and Young Scientists “Construction –Formation of a Vital Activity Environment” [in Russian], Moscow, April 27 – 29, 2016, NIU MGSU, Moscow (2016), pp. 1106 – 1109.Google Scholar
- 4.TU 5859-001-35842–2009. “Mikron V” LLC. Universal Flexible Concrete Protective Mats UFCPM [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 5.TU 5859-001-81947000–2014. “Mikron V” LLC. Universal Spherical Flexible Concrete Protective Mats USFCPM [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 6.Yu. V. Bryanskaya and M. A. Yumasheva, “Methods and technology of experimental investigations of the hydraulic characteristics of flow past flexible concrete coatings,” Nauch. Obozr., No. 20, 19 – 24, (2016).Google Scholar