Mathematical Modeling of Water Flow Through a Broad-Crested Spillway Using the CFD Code Star-CCM+
- 7 Downloads
Water flow in a hydraulic flume is studied with a broad-crested spillway model. The research was conducted using the methods of computational hydrodynamics (CFD), as well as experimentally. Correspondence of calculated, experimental, and handbook data was obtained, and the shortcomings of the proposed CFD model were noted.
Keywordsbroad-crested spillway CFD model
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.D. C. Wilcox, Turbulence Modeling for CFD, DCW Industries Inc., La Canada, California (1998).Google Scholar
- 3.J. O. Hinze, Turbulence. 2nd ed., McGraw-Hill, New York (1975).Google Scholar
- 4.E. M. Smirnov and A. V. Garbaruk, Abstract of Lectures on Modeling Viscous Fluid and Turbulence Models: Methods for Calculating Turbulent Flows [in Russian], SPGPU, St. Petersburg (2010).Google Scholar
- 5.A. L. Zuikov, Hydraulics: A Textbook [in Russian], Min. nauki i obrazovaniya, MGSU (2015).Google Scholar
- 6.V. V. Malakhanov and F. L. Doronin, “Length of a hydraulic jump,” Nauch. Obozr. Stroit. Arkhitekt., No. 13, 27 – 32 (2017).Google Scholar
- 7.User Guide. Star-CCM + Version 10.02. CD-adapco, (2015).Google Scholar
- 9.T. Jongen, Simulation and Modeling of Turbulent Incompressible Flows. Ph.D. Thesis, EPFL, Lausanne (1998).Google Scholar