Primorskaya Thermal Power Plant: Construction of Modern Pulverized Coal-Fired Boilers
- 5 Downloads
The main design solutions for coal-fired boilers of the Primorskaya TPP under construction are described. Boilers E-240-13.8-560KT with a tangentially fired furnace were designed to burn Kuznetsk bituminous coal and operate as part of 65 MW units. Features of the design coals, main design solutions for coal pulverizing systems, design features of the boiler, and a low-NOx combustion system are considered. The layout of the boiler and boiler auxiliaries in the main building of the power plant is presented. Particular attention is paid to the aspects of emission reduction and the environmental compatibility of the boiler. The main design solutions for the integrated dry bottom ash removal system that allow using resulting ash and slag materials as saleable by-products are described. The results of 3D-simulation of the burning processes and expected NOx emissions and unburned carbon are given.
Keywordsboiler bituminous coal tangentially fired furnace straight-flow burner dry bottom ash removal NOx CFD-simulation Primorskaya Thermal Power Plant (TPP)
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.A. N. Alekhnovich, Characteristics and Properties of Thermal Coals [in Russian], Tsitsero, Chelyabinsk (2012).Google Scholar
- 2.E. Kh. Verbovetskii and N. G. Zhmerik (eds.), Operating Procedures for Design of Furnace Units in Power Generating Boilers [in Russian], Izd. VTI-AOOT “NPO TsKTI,” St. Petersburg (1996).Google Scholar
- 3.SO 153-34.03.352–2003. Explosion Safety Regulations for Fuel-Conveying, Coal-Pulverization, and Pulevrized-Coal Firing Systems [in Russian], Moscow (2004).Google Scholar
- 4.Design of Coal-Pulverization Systems for Boiler Units (Regulations) [in Russian], Izd. NPO TsKTI, Leningrad (1971).Google Scholar
- 5.Thermal Design of Boilers (Standard Method) [in Russian], NPO TsKTI, VTI, St. Petersburg (1998).Google Scholar