Effect of Waterproofing Penetrating Capillary Mixture on Concrete Waterproofness and Cement Stone Microstructure
Results are provided for a study of concrete waterproofness, structure, and properties of cement stone treated with penetrating water insulation system Penetron. It is shown that formation of waterproofed concrete facilitates formation within cement stone pores of an additional amount of low-basicity calcium hydrosilicate of acicular shape and also calcite.
Keywordswaterproof penetrating action cement stone concrete microstructure phase formation waterproofness
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.V. M. Moskvin, F. M. Ivanov, S. N. Alekseev, and E. A. Gusev, Corrosion of Concrete and Ferroconcrete, Protection Methods [in Russian], Stroiizdat, Moscow (1980).Google Scholar
- 2.F. L. Kapustin, A. M. Spiridonova, and E. P. Pomazkin, “Change in the structure of cement stone during treatment with a waterproofing penetrating capillary mixture,” Tsement Ego Primen., No. 6, 52 – 56 (2013).Google Scholar
- 3.N. G. Brovkina, G. I. Ovcharenko, V. G. Bykov, and M. P. Izosimov, “Effect of penetrating waterproffing slats on phase composition and porosity of cement stone,” Vestn. UYuRGU Ser. Stroit. Arkhitekt., No. 10, 1921 (2010).Google Scholar
- 4.H. Taylor, Cement Chemistry [Russian translation], Mir, Moscow (1996).Google Scholar
- 5.I. Shtark and B. Brand, Concrete Endurance [Russian translation], Oranta, Kiev (2004).Google Scholar
- 6.V. A. Nikitin, “Microstructure of cement stone and its effect on waterproofness and concrete strength,” Gidrotekh. Stroit., No. 11, 14 – 17 (2012).Google Scholar
- 7.F. L. Kapustin, A. M. Spiridonova, and E. P. Pomazkin, “Use of penetrating waterproofing for improving the corrosion resistance of cement stone,” Beton Zhelezobeton, No. 2, 66 – 69 (2013).Google Scholar
- 8.G. S. Royak and I. G. Granovsksys, “Prevention of concrete alkali corrosion by active mineral additions,” Beton Zhelezobeton, No. 7, 16 – 17 (1986).Google Scholar