Glass-Fiber Reinforced Plastics — Construction Materials of the Sixth Technological Paradigm?
- 3 Downloads
It is shown that the fabrication of large glass-fiber reinforced plastic parts by means of transfer molding technologies makes it possible to solve technical problems that cannot be solved by using other materials. The development of accessible technologies and equipment for efficient recycling of such parts will make glass-fiber reinforced plastic a sixth technological paradigm material.
Key wordsglass-fiber reinforced plastics polymer composite materials transfer molding recycling life cycle technological paradigm
- 1.E. N. Kablov, “Composites: today and tomorrow,” Metally Evrasii, No. 1, 36 – 39 (2015).Google Scholar
- 2.B. B. Bobovich, Polymer Construction Materials (Structure, Properties, Applications) [in Russian], FORUM, Moscow (2014).Google Scholar
- 3.S. Job, G. Leeke, P. Mativenga, et al., Composite Recycling: Where Are We Now?, Composites UK Ltd (2016), URL: https://compositesuk.co.uk/system/files/documents/Recycling%20Report%202016%20-%20Light%20Background.pdf (access date: November 17, 2018).
- 4.Yu. Voronina, “Let’s do it ourselves: By 2020 the composite materials market in Russia can grow 10-fold,” Russian Business Newspaper – Industrial Review (2012), No. 864(35), September 18; URL: https://rg.ru/2012/09/18/materiali.html (access date: November 17, 2018).
- 5.M. Pervaiz, S. Panthapulakkal, K. C. Birat et al., “Emerging trends in automotive light weighting through novel composite materials,” Mater. Sci. Appl., No. 7, 26 – 38 (2016) [Electronic resource], URL: http://file.scirp.org/pdf/MSA_2016012915331375.pdf (access date: November 17, 2018).
- 6.A. Yu. Kostenko, “Composites in the design of load-bearing systems of trucks,” Avtomobilnaya Prom-st’, No. 7, 34 – 37 (2015).Google Scholar
- 7.B. B. Bobovich, “Fiberglass in transport machinery,” Steklo Keram., No. 1, 40 – 43 (2018); B. B. Bobovich, “Fiberglass in transport machinery,” Glass Ceram., 75(1 – 2), 36 – 39 (2018).Google Scholar
- 8.S. I. Plankovskii, V. O. Garin, and E. V. Tsegelnik, “Modern methods of recycling of polymer composite materials,” Otkrytye Informats. Kompyut. Integrir. Tekhnol., No. 51, 186 – 193 (2011), URL: https://www.khai.edu/csp/nauchportal/Arhiv/OIKIT/2011/OIKIT51/p186-193.pdf (access date: June 17, 2018).
- 10.S. Job, “Composite Recycling. Summary of recent research and development” (2010) [Electronic resource], URL: https://compositesuk.co.uk/system/files/documents/Composite%20Recycling.pdf (accdess date August 23, 2018).
- 11.Yan-chao Feng, Feng-qing Zhao, and Hong Xu, “Recycling and utilization of waste glass fiber reinforced plastics,” in: MATEC Web of Conferences 67, 07012 (2016) [Electronic resource], URL: https://www.matec-conferences.org/articles/matecconf/abs/2016/30/matecconf_smae2016_07012/matecconf_mae2016_07012.html (access date: November 17, 2018).
- 12.G. Kočevar and A. Kržan, “Recycling of an acrylate-glass fiber reinforced polyester composite,” J. Mater. Cycles Waste Management, 20(2), 1106 – 1114 (2018), URL: https://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s10163-017-0673-6 (access date: November 10, 2018)
- 13.B. B. Bobovich, Management and Utilization of Production Waste [in Russian], INFRA-M, Moscow (2019).Google Scholar
- 14.S. R. Naqvi, H. M. Prabhakara, E. A. Bramer, et al., “A critical review on recycling of end-of-life carbon fiber/glass fiber reinforced composites waste using pyrolysis towards a circular economy,” Resources Conserv. Recycl. [Electronic resource], URL: https://research.utwente.nl/en/publications/a-critical-review-on-recycling-of-end-of-life-carbonfibreglass-f (access date: August 23, 2018).
- 15.Global Fiberglass Solutions [Electronic resource], URL: https://www.global-fiberglass.com/ (access date: August 23, 2018).
- 16.S. Brown, S. Bader, M. Forsyth, et al., “FRP circular economy study,” in: Industry Summary, August 2018 [Electronic resource], URL: https://compositesuk.co.uk/system/files/documents/FRP%20CE%20Report%20Final_0.pdf (access date: November 17, 2018).