Advance Grouting Test Using Seismic Prospecting Method in TBM Tunneling: A Case Study in the Water Supply Project from Songhua River, Jilin, China
- 71 Downloads
Advance grouting is an important approach to reinforce the rock mass ahead of the tunnel face in TBM tunneling. To estimate the grouting result in TBM tunneling, a test method based on seismic ahead prospecting method was proposed. To check the grouting result, the seismic ahead prospecting was applied firstly to obtain the distribution and location of adverse geologies for grouting; Then, the geological conditions was estimated again after grouting; By studying the characteristics of reflections and velocity distributions, the grouting result could be checked. Numerical simulations prove the availability: Wave field snapshots indicate the energy of reflected waves reduces after grouting; Migration results indicate that the reflections reduce or disappear after advance grouting, as well as the estimated velocity increases. Moreover, the method was successfully applied in the diversion tunnel of the water supply project from Songhua River, which reveals the grouting result well and provides important geological guidance for construction.
KeywordsTunnel Grouting test Seismic ahead prospecting Velocity analysis Migration result Case study
This work was supported by the National Program on Key Basic Research Project of China (973 Program) under Grant Nos. 2014CB046901 and 2015CB058101), the National Key Scientific Instrument and Equipment Development Project (Grant No. 51327802), the National Natural Science Foundation of China (Grant No. 51739007), the Key Research and Development Plan (Major Key Technology) of Shandong Province (Grant Nos. 2016ZDJS02A01 and 2016GSF120001), Major Science and Technology Projects of Henan Province (Grant No. 161100211100), National Key Research and Development Plan (Grant Nos. 2016YFC0401805 and 2016YFC0801604) and Transportation and Technology Plan of Shandong (Grant No. 2016B20).
- Chen L, Zan Y, Wang J, Du J (2004) Reinforcement of surrounding rocks of tunnel in landslide area with grouting technology. Chin J Rock Mech Eng 23(16):2761–2765Google Scholar
- Chen L, Li S, Liu B, Li M, Xu X, Li N, Nie L (2018) The imaging method of seismic ahead prospecting in tunnel based on ellipse evolving CRP stacking and application. Chin J Geotech Eng 40(6):1–9. https://kns.cnki.net/kcms/detail/32.1124.TU.20171212.1549.024.html
- Jiang H, Liu C, Jia C, Hou J (2015) The application of seismic scattering technology to detection of grouting effect. Chin J Eng Geophys 12(2):260–265. https://doi.org/10.3969/j.issn.1672-7940.2015.02.022 Google Scholar
- Khajevand R, Fereidooni D (2018) Determining the geotechnical characteristics of some sedimentary rocks from Iran with an emphasis on the correlations between physical, index, and mechanical properties. Geotech Test J 41(3):20170058. https://doi.org/10.1520/GTJ20170058
- Kondrashkov VV, Aniskovich EM (1998) Fundamentals of the parametric development of reflections as a universal method for seismic data processing. IZVESTIIA Phys Solid Earth C/C Fizika Zemli-Rossiiskaia Akademiia Nauk 34:127–144Google Scholar
- Li S, Qing-song Zhang (2014) Tunnel and underground engineering water burst mechanism and governance. China Communications Press, BeijingGoogle Scholar
- Song J (2016) The three-dimensional seismic ahead prospecting method and its application for adverse geology in tunnel construction. In: Doctoral dissertation, Shandong University, JinanGoogle Scholar
- Wu SL, Ding CJ (2005) Application of comprehensive measurement method to check grouting effect in mined-out region. Chin J Rock Mech Eng 24(1):5271–5274Google Scholar
- Xue Y, Shucai LI, Maoxin SU, Xiao Z, Yan Z, Zhenhao XU et al (2011) Stduy of comprehensive test method for grouting effect of water filling fault in qingdao kiaochow bay subsea tunnel. Chin J Rock Mech Eng 30(7):1382–1388Google Scholar
- Zhang J, Wang R, Jiang G (2003) Experiment study on grouting soil uniaxial compression strength and its acoustic velocity. Coal Geol Explor 31(5):33–36Google Scholar
- Zhang M, Zhang W, Sun G (2006) Evaluation technique of grouting effect and its application to engineering. Chin J Rock Mech Eng 25:3909–3918Google Scholar