Dissipation and decontamination behavior of pre-mix formulation of tebuconazole and rifloxystrobin fungicides in okra
- 45 Downloads
The present study was done to assess the dissipation behavior, decontamination, and half-life time of ready-mix formulation of trifloxystrobin (25% w/w) and tebuconazole (50% w/w) in okra and soil under the crop after foliar spray at fruiting stage. Samples of okra and soil were collected periodically, i.e., zero (2 h after spray), 1, 3, 5, 7, 10, 15, 20, and 25 days after third application at a 7-day interval. Residues of these fungicides were determined by gas liquid chromatography (GLC) equipped with electron capture detector (ECD) and gas chromatography-tandem mass spectrometry (GCMS-triple quadruple). The limits of quantification (LOQ) and detection (LOD) for both the fungicides were 0.01 and 0.003 mg kg-1, respectively. Washing alone with faucet water was found successful in minimizing the residues. Soil was free from residual contamination at fifth day after spraying in case of both the fungicides and at both the doses.
KeywordsOkra Trifloxystrobin Tebuconazole Decontamination GCMS-triple quadruple
The authors are thankful to CCS Haryana Agricultural University, Hisar, and the Indian Council of Agricultural Research (ICAR), New Delhi, for providing necessary facilities during the study.
- Anonymous, (2016). https://www.healthline.com/health/diabetes/okra2016.
- Anonymous, (2017). Horticultural statistics at a glance. www.agricoop.nic.in.
- Anonymous, (2018). https://www.curejoy.com/content/health-benefits-of-okra/2018.
- Dhanker, P. (2017). Persistence study of tebuconazole in chilli and soil. M.Sc. Thesis, Chaudhary Charan Singh Haryana Agricultural University, Hisar.Google Scholar
- Kaur, S., Takkar, R., Bhardwaj, U., Kumar, R., Battu, R. S., & Singh, B. (2012). Dissipation kinetics of trifloxystrobin and tebuconazole on wheat leaves and their harvest time residues in wheat grains and soil. Bulletin of Environmental Contamination and Toxicology, 89(3), 606–610.CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- Litoriya, N. S., Joshi, M. N., Singh, S., Patel, A. R., & Shah, P. G. (2017). Persistence and residues of a combi product of trifloxystrobin and tebuconazole on banana. Pesticide Research Journal, 29(1), 35–41.Google Scholar
- Mandal, S. K., Sah, S. B., & Gupta, S. C. (2006). Screening of okra cultivars against Earias vitella. Annals of Plant Protection Science, 14, 462–524.Google Scholar
- Nitesh, S., Litoriya, S. H., Patel, M., Joshi, N., Kaushik, D. P., Chawla, S., & Shah, P. G. (2017). Dissipation kinetics, residue status and risk assessment of trifloxystrobin and tebuconazole combi-product in cowpea. Pesticide Research Journal, 29(2), 196–203.Google Scholar