Metabolites from Microalgae Schizochytrium mangrovei
- 34 Downloads
Schizochytrium mangrovei PQ6 are heterotrophic marine microalgae isolated from Phu Quoc Island, Kien Giang Province, Vietnam. This microalgae have many specious characteristics, including the ability to respond to changes in environmental conditions, high biomass productivity, high lipid content (up to 70% of dry cell weight), and high level of polyunsaturated fatty acids (docosahexaenoic acid – DHA, C22:6 n-3; eicosapentaenoic acid – EPA, C20:5 n-3; docosapentaenoic acid – DPA, C22:5 n-6). This species was explored as feed in aquaculture, and as a potential material source of biodiesel production [1, 2]. The extraction of squalene as a value-added product during biodiesel production and optimization of culture conditions and squalene enrichment from Schizochytrium mangrovei for squalene production were also investigated [3, 4].
As part of an ongoing search for biological active compounds from marine microalgae, Schizochytrium mangroveiPQ6 was selected since its extracts showed...
The authors would like to express their thanks for the grants and financial support received from Vietnam Academy of Science and Technology (Code: VAST.TD.DLB.07/16-18).
- 1.Dang Diem Hong, Hoang Thi Lan Anh, and Ngo Thi Hoai Thu, J. Phys., 47 (4), 944 (2011).Google Scholar
- 2.Hoang Lan Anh, Nguyen Thi Minh Thanh, and Dang Diem Hong, Vietnam J. Biotechnol., 7 (3), 381 (2009).Google Scholar
- 3.Minh Hien Hoang, Nguyen Cam Ha, Le Thi Thom, Luu Thi Tam, Hoang Thi Lan Anh, Ngo Thi Hoai Thu, and Dang Diem Hong, J. Biosci. Bioeng., 188 (6), 632 (2014).Google Scholar
- 4.Hoang Thi Lan Anh, Nguyen Cam Ha, Le Thi Thom, and Dang Diem Hong, Res. J. Biotechnol., 11 (2), 81 (2016).Google Scholar
- 6.L. John Goad and Toshihiro Akihisa, Analysis of Sterols, Chapman & Hall, 1997, 363 pp.Google Scholar
- 11.A. Darr and A. Calabro, J. Mater. Sci.: Mater. Med., 20 (1), 33 (2009).Google Scholar