Chemical Constituents of the Roots of Ormosia hosiei
Ormosia hosiei is one of the species in the genus Ormosia, Leguminosae family, which is widely distributed in south of China . Its roots, twigs, leaves, and seeds were used as traditional Chinese medicine to cure phlogosis, pain, and irregular menstruation . Previous chemical studies have led to the isolation of four alkaloids from O. hosiei . In the course of chemical investigations of the root of the plant, 15 compounds were isolated, all of which were obtained for the first time from this plant, and were identified by ESI-MS and 1H and 13C NMR.
The roots of O. hosiei were collected in Jin An Disrict, Fuzhou, Fujian, People′s Republic of China. The air-dried and powdered roots of O. hosiei (1.6 kg) were extracted two times with 70% EtOH (16 L) at 80°C for 2 h. The EtOH extract (173 g) was passed over a series of chromatographic columns and finally purified by preparative HPLC to yield compounds 1–15.
Lupenone (1) , C30H48O, colorless needles (EtOAc), mp 165–167°C. ESI-MS m/z...
This work was supported by the National Natural Science Foundation of China (No. 31700292).
- 1.H. Sun and M. A. Vincent, Ormosia Jackson, Science Press, China, 2010, 73 pp.Google Scholar
- 2.Chinese Herbal Medicine, Editorial Committee, Chinese Materia Medica, Shanghai Science and Technology Publishing House, Shanghai, 2005, 579 pp.Google Scholar
- 6.F. R. Wang, X. Z. Ge, and X. W. Yang, Chin. J. Exp. Trad. Med. Formulae, 17 (20), 61 (2011).Google Scholar
- 7.J. Sun, Y. D. Yue, F. Tang, X. F. Guo, J. Wang, and X. Yao, Chem. Nat. Compd., 49, 823 (2013).Google Scholar
- 8.M. X. Zhang, Y. Y. Liu, W. Sun, X. H. Yang, and G. S. Wang, Chem. J. Chin. U., 32 (11), 2554 (2011).Google Scholar
- 11.L. Wu, T. Shen, Y. Z. Zhou, J. Wu, X. Y. Ji, and C. L. Si, Chem. Nat. Compd., 54, 565 (2018).Google Scholar
- 12.T. Gong, D. X. Wang, P. Liu, and R. Y. Wang, Chin. J. Chin. Mater. Med., 35 (13), 1720 (2010).Google Scholar
- 14.M. X. Xiang, H. W. Su, J. Y. Hu, and Y. J. Yan, J. Med. Plant Res., 5 (9), 1685 (2011).Google Scholar
- 16.A. E. Rodrigues and J. D. P. Araujo, L′Actualite Chim., 23 (258), 62 (2002).Google Scholar
- 17.J. Y. Yu, S. J. Zhang, and L. Liu, Chin. Pharm. J., 39 (1), 19 (2005).Google Scholar