Chemical Constituents of the Ginseng Cordyceps Medicinal Fungal Substance
- 3 Downloads
Ginseng is a well-known traditional Chinese medicine that has been used in both raw and processed forms due to the different pharmacological activities . To date, over 80 triterpenoid saponins have been isolated and reported from ginseng [2, 3, 4]. With the improvement of modern technology level of traditional Chinese medicine, the microbial transformation and solid-state fermentation technologies are capable of producing stereoselective modification on the saponin structures [5, 6, 7, 8]. In this project, we obtained the ginseng cordyceps fungal substance (GCFS) through the interaction of complex enzymes in natural microorganism forms. During the exploration of the biologically active components of GCFS, six triterpenoid saponins were isolated. All the chemical components were isolated from GCFS for the first time.
The dried GCFS (4.0 kg) was powdered and extracted with 70% EtOH (40 L × 4, 2 h for each time) at 80°C. After removal of EtOH under reduced pressure, the extract was...
This work was financially supported by Programs for Scientific & Technological Project of Traditional Chinese Medicine of Jilin, China (No. 2017177) and “Thirteenth Five-Year” Science and Technology Project of the Education Department of Jilin Province (No. JJKH20181230KJ).
Phytochemical studies of the GCFS are ongoing.
- 1.Editorial Board of Chinese Pharmacopoeia, Chinese Pharmacopoeia, Vol. 1, Chinese Medical Science and Technology Press, Beijing, 2015, p. 11.Google Scholar
- 2.Y. P. Lin, M. P. Zhang, K. Y. Wang, C. Y. Sun, and Y. Wang, Chin. J. Chin. Mater. Med., 41, 4292 (2016).Google Scholar
- 4.X. B. Yang, X. W. Yang, and J. X. Liu, Mod. Chin. Med., 15, 349 (2013).Google Scholar
- 5.H. J. Niu, P. Wang, and G. E. Yang, Chin. J. Exp. Trad. Med. Form., 19, 346 (2013).Google Scholar
- 6.L. H. Mu, J. Zhang, and P. Liu, Chin. Trad. Herb. Drugs, 49, 6 (2018).Google Scholar
- 12.N. M. Duc, R. Kasai, K. Ohtani, A. Ito, N. T. Nham, K. Yamasaki, and O. Tanaka, Chem. Pharm. Bull., 42, 115 (1994).Google Scholar
- 14.X. W. Yang, L. Y. Li, J. M. Tian, Z. W. Zhang, J. M. Ye, and W. F. Gu, Chin. Chem. Lett., 11, 909 (2000).Google Scholar