Flavonoids from Verbascum marschallianum and V. orientale
- 9 Downloads
Iridoids , phenylpropanoids, and polyphenolic compounds with various biological activities [4, 5, 6] are the major groups of biologically active compounds from Verbascum plants (mulleins). Extracts of V. marschallianum exhibited high antileishmanial activity .
Previously, the flavonoids kaempferol, luteolin, and quercetin ; saponins verbascosaponin  and ursolic acid ; and iridoids aucuboside and catalpol  were isolated from EtOAc extracts of several species of this genus.
Aerial parts of V. marschallianum and V. orientalewere collected during budding in 2018 in Eastern-Kazakhstan Oblast. Flavonoids were obtained from milled aerial plant parts (1 kg) by extraction with MeOH for 10 h in a Soxhlet apparatus. The extract was filtered. The pulp was treated with MeOH...
- 1.M. S. Baitenov, Flora of Kazakhstan [in Russian], Vol. 1, Nauka, Almaty, 1999, p. 158.Google Scholar
- 2.N. V. Pavlov, Flora of Kazakhstan [in Russian], Vol. 8, Nauka, Almaty, 1960, pp. 26–33.Google Scholar
- 5.B. Ozcan, M. Yilmaz, and M. Caliskan, J. Med. Food, 13 (5), 1147 (2010).Google Scholar
- 6.A. U. Turker and N. D. Camper, J. Ethnopharmacol., 82, 117 (2002).Google Scholar
- 7.M. M. Nykmukanova, B. K. Eskalieva, G. Sh. Burasheva, and M. I. Choudhary, RK Pat. No. 2,231, Jun. 30, 2017; Byull., No. 12, “Method for preparation of an agent with antileishmanial activity.”Google Scholar
- 8.A. M. Khan, R. A. Qureshi, F. Ullah, S. Z. Khan, and J. Khan, Pak. J. Bot., 44 (4), 1241 (2012).Google Scholar
- 9.H. Anul, Doga, Seri A, 4 (1), 1 (1980).Google Scholar
- 10.J. De Pascual Teresa, J. M. Hernandez, F. Diaz, and M. Grande, An. Quim., 78 (1), 108 (1982).Google Scholar
- 11.L. Swiatek, Acta Pol. Pharm., 30 (2), 203 (1973).Google Scholar
- 13.S. M. Mahmoud, N. S. Abdel-Azim, A. A. Shahat, S. I. Ismail, and F. M. Hammouda, Nat. Prod. Sci., 13 (3), 186 (2007).Google Scholar
- 14.R. Mohammed, S. S. El-Hawary, and A. M. Abo-youssef, J. Nat. Prod., 5, 193 (2012).Google Scholar
- 15.Z. S. Akdemir, I. I. Tatli, E. Bedir, and I. A. Khan, FABAD J. Pharm. Sci., 28, 71 (2003).Google Scholar
- 16.V. M. Bonchaeva, A. A. Drenin, and E. Kh. Botirov, Khim. Rastit. Syr′ya, 3, 195 (2014).Google Scholar