Characterization of Tyrosinase Inhibitors from White Lotus Receptacle
- 3 Downloads
Nelumbo nucifera Gaertn. is a large aquatic herb belonging to the family Nymphaeaceae. It is commonly called lotus and cultivated throughout Asia . Receptaculum Nelumbinis, called Lianfang in Chinese, are discarded as waste or used as firewood every year, except when sometimes used as a traditional medicine. It shows good efficacy for excessive menstrual bleeding and irregular genital bleeding, dehydration caused by diarrhea in summer, and miscarriage [2, 3]. In an earlier work, we studied the antioxidant and cytoprotective activities of lotus receptacles, as well as the isolation of a known flavonoid named quercetin-3-O-β-D-glucopyranoside . Flavonoids, alkaloids, and polyphenols have been reported as constituents in lotus receptacles [2, 5, 6, 7]. These key secondary metabolites exhibit a wide spectrum of biopharmacological activities, including antioxidant, antitumor, and radioprotective activities. It also protects against experimental myocardial injury and ischemia and...
This work was kindly supported by National Natural Science Foundation of China (No. 31471629), Foundation of Key Project of Research and Development Program of Jiangxi Province (Nos. 20171BBH80017 and 20171ACF60009), the Science and Technology Major Project Foundation of Jiangxi Academy of Sciences (2018-YZD1-05 and 2018-YZD2-18), and Science Foundation for Young Doctors of Jiangxi Academy of Science (2016-YYB-07).
- 1.J. H. Ahn, S. B. Kim, E. S. Kim, S. Kim, S. H. Cho, B. Y. Hwang, and M. K. Lee, Chem. Nat. Compd., 50, 998 (2014).Google Scholar
- 5.A. Krubha and P. T. Vasan, J. Acad. Ind. Res. (JAIR), 4, 251 (2016).Google Scholar
- 10.K. R. Paudel and N. Panth, Evid.-Based Complement Alternal. Med., 2016 (2016).Google Scholar
- 18.L. Mskhiladze, D. Chincharadze, A. St-Gelais, V. Mshvildadze, A. Pichette, A. Ledoux, and M. Frederich, Int. J. Pharm. Sci. Drug Res., 8, 240 (2016).Google Scholar
- 21.Z. Zhou and C. Yang, Acta Bot. Yunnanica, 22, 343 (2000).Google Scholar