Three New 3,4-Seco-Cycloartane Triterpenes from Leaves and Twigs of Gardenia sootepensis
Two new 3,4-seco-cycloartane triterpenes, 3,4-seco-cycloart-26,29-diformyl-24-en-4(28)-epoxymethyl-3-carboxylate (1) and 3,4-seco-cycloart-4(28),24-dien-26-hydroxymethyl-3-carboxylate (3), and a novel nor-3,4-seco-cycloartane triterpene, nor-3,4-seco-cycloart-26-formyl-24-en-4-oxomethyl-3-carboxylate (2), were isolated from the methanolic extract of the leaves and twigs of Gardenia sootepensis. The structures of these new compounds were elucidated on the basis of 1D and 2D NMR experiments and HR-MS data.
KeywordsGardenia sootepensis nor-3,4-seco-cycloartane terpenoids
This work was supported by the Program for Science and Technology of Henan Province of China (Grant No. 182102310617) and the National Natural Science Foundation of China (Grant No. 81803388).
- 1.W. S. Woo, E. B. Lee, K. H. Shin, S. S. Kang, and H. J. Chi, Kor. J. Pharmacogn., 12, 153 (1981).Google Scholar
- 3.N. Kongkum, P. Tuchinda, M. Pohmakotr, V. Reutrakul, P. Piyachaturawat, S. Jariyawat, K. Suksen, R. Akkarawongsapat, J. Kasisit, and C. Napaswad, J. Nat. Prod., 76, 530 (2013).Google Scholar
- 4.T. K. M. Mbela, M. Shabani, S. Dieyi, K. Cimanga, and L. Moswa, Filoterapia, 63, 179 (1992).Google Scholar
- 6.A. El-Hamidi, Planta Med., 18, 279 (1970).Google Scholar
- 14.G. L. Silva, R. R. Gil, B. L. Cui, H. Chai, T. Santisuk, E. Srisook, V. Reutrakul, P. Tuchinda, S. Sophasan, S. Sujarit, S. Upatham, S. M. Lynn, J. E. Farthing, S. L. Yang, J. A. Lewis, M. J. Oneill, N. R. Farnsworth, G. A. Cordell, J. M. Pezzuto, and A. D. Kinghorn, Tetrahedron, 53, 529 (1997).CrossRefGoogle Scholar