Two New Isoflavones from Phlomis betonicoides and Their Antioxidant Activity
Two new isoflavones derivatives, 8,4′-dimethoxy-7-(3-hydroxypropyl)-isoflavone (1) and 8,4′-dimethoxy-7-(3-hydroxypropanoyl)-isoflavone (2), were isolated from the roots of Phlomis betonicoides. Their structures were elucidated by spectroscopic methods, including extensive 1D and 2D NMR techniques. Compounds 1 and 2 were also tested for the antioxidant activity, and they show good antioxidant activity with an IC50 value of 3.8 and 3.6 μg/mL, respectively.
Keywordsisoflavones Phlomis betonicoides antioxidant activity
This research was supported by the Research Foundation of China Tobacco Yunnan Industrial Co., Ltd (Nos. 2017JC05 and 2017CP04), the National Natural Science Foundation of China (Nos. 81660717 and 21462051), and the Natural Science Foundation of Yunnan Province (No. 2014FD033).
- 1.S. W. Liu and H. Z. Fu, Flora of China, Vol. 65, 2nd Section, Chinese Science Press, Beijing, 2001, p. 442.Google Scholar
- 2.D. H. Fu, G. Q. Zhu, X. Y. Pu, L. Wang, P. J. Zhou, Y. F. Qi, and X. F. Li, J. Chin. Med. Mater., 39 (7), 1477 (2016).Google Scholar
- 5.L. Pan, L. G. Zhou, Y. Deng, Q. Wang, G. P. Zhou, and M. M. Yuan, J. Chin. Med. Mater., 41 (5), 1119 (2008).Google Scholar
- 6.W. H. Zhou, J. Chin. Food. Sci., 9 (6), 3 (1988).Google Scholar
- 7.D. Xu, J. K. Su, Q. Sun, D. Y. Shao, Y. Ni, and J. B. Cai, J. Chin. Food. Ind., 37 (12), 142 (2016).Google Scholar