Compounds from Lotus corniculatus
- 7 Downloads
Lotus corniculatus L. belongs to the genus Lotus (Leguminosae), which is composed of about 100 species mainly distributed in the Mediterranean, Eurasia, and North and South America, with eight species and one variant grown in China . Previous investigation on plants of this genus led to the isolation of several flavonoids, phenolic glucosides, and triterpenoids and their glycosides [2, 3]. From L. corniculatus, a lectin with strong antiproliferative activity towards human cancer cells, and flavonoid, triterpenoid, and sterols with anti-inflammatory efficacy were isolated [4, 5]. We report here the results of our studies on the chemical constituents of L. corniculatus.
The aerial parts of L. corniculatus were collected from Xuandian of Yunnan, China in May, 2015. The air-dried aerial parts of L. corniculatus (5 kg) were extracted with MeOH (20 L) four times at room temperature. After evaporation of the solvent in vacuum, the residue (320 g) was partitioned between EtOAc and H2O. The...
The work was supported by the Key Laboratory (No. 2016-5) and Science and Technology Innovation Team of Higher Education (No. 2014-6) in Yunnan, China.
- 1.Delectis Florae Reipublicae Popularis Sinicae Agendae, Academiae Sinicae Edita, Flora Reipublicae Popularis Sinicae, Science Press, Beijing, 42 (2), 222 (1998).Google Scholar
- 8.X. F. Guan, Q. Y. Guo, X. J. Huang, Y. Wang, and W. C. Ye, China J. Chin. Mater. Med., 40, 4868 (2015).Google Scholar
- 9.L. H. Zhang, Z. Q. Yin, W. C. Ye, S. X. Zhao, L. Wang, and F. Hu, China J. Chin. Mater. Med., 30, 1522 (2005).Google Scholar
- 10.X. X. Wu, R. M. Huang, Z. F. Xu, and S. X. Qiu, Nat. Prod. Res. Dev., 26, 1771 (2014).Google Scholar
- 13.J. W. Choi, K. H. Kim, I. K. Lee, S. U. Choi, and K. R. Lee, Nat. Prod. Sci., 15, 44 (2009).Google Scholar
- 14.S. Y. Yao, Y. B. Ma, Y. Tang, and J. J. Chen, China J. Chin. Mater. Med., 33, 1418 (2008).Google Scholar
- 16.Y. L. Zhang, R. Q. Mei, X. Liu, G. M. Liu, and B. Wu, Chin. Trad. Herb. Drugs, 45, 2293 (2014).Google Scholar