N-Difluoromethylation of monosubstituted polydentate azoles
- 11 Downloads
This study was focused on N-difluoromethylation of monosubstituted polydentate azoles (imidazoles, pyrazoles, and 1,2,4-triazoles) having two or three reactive sites. The substituent effects and role of reaction conditions in determining the product ratio was explored. In the majority of cases, the obtained mixtures of isomers were separated. The target products containing halogen substituents, amino or carboxy groups in the ring can serve as valuable starting compounds in the synthesis of practically useful products.
Keywordsimidazoles pyrazoles 1,2,4-triazoles difluoromethylation separation of isomers
The authors would like to express their gratitude to the glassblower Valery Ilyich Lazarev for the design and fabrication of an exclusive “vortex” distillation column that enabled separating small amounts of liquids with close boiling points.
- 2.Fluorinated Heterocyclic Compounds: Synthesis, Chemistry and application; Petrov, V. A., Ed.; John Wiley & Sons: Hoboken, 2009, p. 100, 138, 141.Google Scholar
- 4.Sato, N.; Ando, M.; Ishikawa, S.; Nagase, T.; Nagai, K.; Kanatani, A. WO Patent 2004/031175.Google Scholar
- 8.Kobayashi, O; Takatsuna, R.; Niikura, N.; Matsukawa, T.; Nakamura, S.; Hirai, K.; Koshi, S.; Kawanishi, N.; Yamada, O. JP Patent 201656157 A.Google Scholar
- 10.Ni, C.; Hu, J. Synthesis 2014, 842.Google Scholar
- 19.Methods for quantitative organic elemental analysis [in Russian]; Gel'man, N. E., Ed.; Khimiya: Moscow, 1987.Google Scholar