Research on a new type of electromagnetic transmitter based on PWM technology
- 80 Downloads
An electromagnetic transmitter transmits electromagnetic waves with variable frequencies to the ground to obtain underground structure information and the distribution of mineral resources. In order to improve the power factor and reduce the volume and weight of the transmitter, a novel transmitter topology with pulse width modulation (PWM) rectifier is designed. Similar with the flux-oriented control in the motor speed regulation system, this paper provides flux-oriented control for a permanent magnet synchronous generator PWM rectifier. The mathematical model of the generator rectifier is established under the rotating coordinate system. Then, a novel decoupling control strategy without the exact value of the generator stator inductance is proposed to regulate the active current and the reactive current, and an outer voltage linear control strategy with the control amount of the square of the voltage is proposed to regulate the output voltage. Simulation and experimental results demonstrate the effectiveness of the system.
KeywordsElectromagnetic transmitter PMSG PWM rectifier Novel dual-loop control
This study was financially supported by National Key R&D Plan of China, Grant No. 2016YFC0303103.
- 4.Jiang, Q. Y.: Study on the key technology of wide field electromagnetic sounding instrument. Ph.D. Thesis, Central South University, Changsha, China (2010)Google Scholar
- 7.Zhu, X. Z.: Based on the soft switch technology research and implementation of high-power electromagnetic transmitter. Master Thesis, Beijing University of Technology, Beijing, China (2016)Google Scholar
- 8.ZONGE GGT-30 Geophysical Transmitter Maintenance and Repair Manual. Zonge Engineering & Research Organization, Inc. (2001)Google Scholar
- 9.Yamashita, M., Fox, L.: Introduction of V8 wireless multifunction, multichannel geophysical data acquisition system. In: Proceedings of the SEGJ Conference, pp. 219–222, May 2005Google Scholar
- 10.Zhen, Q.H., Di, Q.Y., Liu, H.B.: Key technology study on CSAMT transmitter with excitation control. Chin. J. Geophys. 56(11), 3751–3760 (2013)Google Scholar
- 12.Ohnishi, T.: Three phase PWM converter/inverter by means of instantaneous active and reactive power control. In: Industrial Electronics, Control and Instrumentation, 1991. Proceedings. IECON’91, 1991 International Conference on. IEEE, pp. 819–824, November 1991Google Scholar
- 17.Chen, Y.J., Zhong, Y.P.: Study on the current control for voltage-source PWM rectifier using complex vectors. Proc Chin Soc Electr. Eng. 26(2), 143–148 (2006)Google Scholar