A delay compensation approach based on internal model control for two-input two-output networked control systems
- 122 Downloads
The stability of two-input two-output networked control systems (TITO-NCS) is influenced by network-induced delays. In this paper, a delay compensation approach based on internal model control is proposed to improve the stability of the TITO-NCS. First, considering the interaction coupling between the channels, we decouple the system. After that, by constructing the model of plant matrix, a delay compensation structure is developed in terms of internal model control schedule. On the basis of the obtained stability condition, an internal model controller can be designed. The proposed method compensates the delays in an on-line real-time dynamical way, thus improving the stability of the system. The results of simulation examples are given to demonstrate the feasibility and effectiveness of the proposed method.
KeywordsTwo-input two-output networked control systems (TITO-NCS) Internal model control (IMC) Network-induced delays Stability
This work is partially supported by the National Natural Science Foundation of China (Grant No. 61263001) and International S&T Cooperation Projects of China (No. 2015DFR10510) and the State Key Laboratory of Marine Resource Utilization in South China Sea of Hainan University.
- 11.Chen, Q.G., Wei, L. SH., Jiang, M.: Stability analysis of a class of nonlinear MIMO networked control systems. In: Proceedings of the IEEE Second International Symposium on Knowledge Acquisition and Modeling, Wuhan, China, 30 Nov.–1 Dec. pp. 331–335 (2009)Google Scholar
- 12.Liu, X.P., Liu,G.P., Xia, Y.Q.: Output feedback stabilization for MIMO networked control systems with Markovian switching. In: Proceedings of the IEEE 29th Chinese Control Conference, Beijing, China, July 29–31. pp. 5753–5758 (2010)Google Scholar
- 25.Francisco, J.V., Eduardo, I.S.: Analysis and design of partly networked architectures for two-input two-output LTI systems. In: Proceedings of the 18th World Congress The International Federation of Automatic Control, Milano, Italy, August 28–September 2. pp. 5663–5668 (2011)Google Scholar
- 30.Zhang, J.H., Kuai, Y., Zhou, SH.Q.: Improved minimum entropy control for two-input and two-output networked control systems. In: UKACC 11th International Conference on Control (CONTROL), Belfast, UK, pp. 1–5 (2016)Google Scholar
- 33.Paul, P.K., Dey, C., Mudi, R.K.: Design of fuzzy-IMC PID controller for TITO process with time delay. In: Fourth International Conference of Emerging Applications of Information Technology, Kolkata, India, pp. 70–74 (2014)Google Scholar
- 35.Xue, D.Y.: Computer aided control systems design using MATLAB language, 3rd edn, pp. 350–397. Tsinghua University Press, Beijing (2012)Google Scholar