Sensor fault localization with accumulated residual contribution rate for bridge SHM
- 360 Downloads
A sensor fault localization method based on the accumulated residual contribution rate is proposed based on the problems of damage false alarm and high false alarm rate caused by sensor fault in bridge structure health monitoring system. Based on the basic principle of principal component analysis, the data collected by the sensor under the vehicle load or the ground pulsation excitation are divided into the main element space and the residual space, and the fault is detected by SPE statistic. Furthermore, the residual contribution value is further deduced, and the accumulated residual contribution rate index is proposed. It improves residual contribution graph, also improves the accuracy of fault location, and sensor fault location is extended to simultaneously locate two fault sensors. The Three-span continuous beam of numerical example and actual calculation example result show that the accumulated residual contribution rate not only locates the single sensor fault, but also accurately locates simultaneous double sensors fault position, thus providing a new method for the maintenance of bridge health monitoring system.
KeywordsStructure health monitoring Sensor fault Principal component analysis Accumulated residual contribution rate SPE statistic
This study is supported by the National Natural Science Foundation of China (NSFC) under the Grant Nos. 51578095, 51778093 and Graduate Scientific Research and Innovation Foundation of Chongqing under the Grant No. CYB17042.
- 2.Zhang, Z.: Study on Long-span continuous rigid frame Bridge Health monitoring. Master Dissertation, Chang’an University (2012)Google Scholar
- 3.He, F., Liu, X., Lu, X., et al.: A research on fault detection diagnosis technology for sensor. Sci. Technol. Eng. 10, 6481–6487 (2010)Google Scholar
- 8.Chang, Y., Wang, S., Wang, F., et al.: Process monitoring method based on multiple PCA models. Chin. J. Sci. Instrum. 35, 901–908 (2014)Google Scholar
- 11.Hu, S., Li, R., Bao, M., et al.: Bridge deflection sensor fault diagnosis research based on PCA. Transducer Microsyst. Technol. 33, 9–12 (2014)Google Scholar
- 12.Huang, H.B., Yi, T.H., Li, H.N.: Sensor fault diagnosis for structural health monitoring based on statistical hypothesis test and missing variable approach. J. Aerosp. Eng. 30, B4015003 (2015)Google Scholar
- 14.Zhang, W., Wang, C., Wu, C.: Application of PCA-SDG to chemical fault diagnosis. J. Syst. Simul. 21, 101–105 (2009)Google Scholar
- 15.Dong, G., Wu, C., Zhang, B., et al.: Method combining PCA and SDG for fault diagnosis of sensors and its application. J. Syst. Simul. 23, 567–573 (2011)Google Scholar
- 16.Zhu, M.: Fault diagnosis in continuous annealing furnace temperature system based on PCA-SDG. Master Dissertation, Northeastern University (2010)Google Scholar
- 17.Rongyu, Li, Xuan, Yang Xiaojian Yin: Research on fault identification by mapping vector and weighted Q contribution plot. Control Instrum. Chem. Ind. 37, 48–50 (2010)Google Scholar
- 18.Luo, H.: Research on fault diagnosis of sensors for bridge structural health monitoring system. Master Dissertation, Chongqing University (2016)Google Scholar