Predictive triggered control for networked control systems with event-triggered mechanism
- 171 Downloads
This paper is concerned with the problem of state-feedback predictive control with event-triggered scheme in networked control systems (NCSs). NCSs suffer from inevitable imperfections, such as network-induced delay, packet dropouts and limited communications resource, which can degrade system performance even lead to system instability. In order to improve system performance and reduce network traffic, a novel structure of NCSs is proposed in this paper. Event-triggered mechanism is set up at both the sensor device and controller device to reduce feedback network traffic, forward network traffic and avoid frequent changes of actuator. The predictive controller, which depends on the event triggering interval, predicts the future triggered states of the controlled object. Based on the future triggered states, a new form of data packet that contains the sequence of future control input signals and its corresponding action time is designed to actively compensate for the impact of network delay and packet loss. The state-feedback gain has less conservativeness because it is assigned different values according to triggering intervals instead of a fix value. According to this control strategy, the closed-loop system is modeled as a switched control system and the stability criterion is established based on switched Lyapunov function technique. The effectiveness of the proposed control method is demonstrated by means of a numerical example. The performance of closed-loop system is improved. Meanwhile, the load of communication traffic is relieved.
KeywordsNetworked control systems Predictive control Event-triggered control
The work is jointly supported by Doctoral Program Foundation of Zunyi Normal College (BS17#) and Youth Scientific Talents Project of Education Department of Guizhou Province of China (Qian Jiao He KY Zi 257).
- 5.Wang, Q., Zou, Y., Niu, Y.: Event-triggered model predictive control with quantizations. J. East China Univ. Sci. Technol. Nat. Sci. Ed. 42(2), 240–246 (2016)Google Scholar
- 10.Zhao, W., Jian, S., Jie, C.: Stablility analysis of event-triggered networked control systems with time-varying delay. In: 34th Control Conference (CCC), pp. 6657–6661. Hangzhou, China (2015)Google Scholar
- 15.Yan, S., Zhang, G., Li, T., et al.: \(H\infty \) static output control of discrete-time networked control systems with an event-triggered scheme. Circuits Syst. Signal Process. (2017). doi: 10.1007/s00034-017-0563-0
- 24.Tian, Z., Gao, X., Li, K.: Time-delay prediction method of networked control system based on EMD and LS-SVM. Act Electron. Sin. 42(5), 868–874 (2014)Google Scholar
- 26.Yue, D., Yin, X., Hu, S.: Event-triggered predictive control for networked systems with time-varying communication delays. In: Conference of the IEEE Industrial Electronics Society, vol. 25, no. 18, pp. 3662–3668 (2014)Google Scholar
- 27.Yin, X.: Study on Event-Triggered Control of Complex Networked Systems. Huazhong university of science & technology, Wuhan (2014)Google Scholar
- 32.Zheng, D.: Linear system theory. In: Zheng, D. (ed.) Linear System Theory, pp. 273–278. Tsinghua University Press, Beijing (2002)Google Scholar