Dimaval as an efficient ligand for binding Ru(III) on cross-linked chitosan aerogel: synthesis, characterisation and catalytic investigation
- 5 Downloads
Ru(III)/dimaval was deposited on chitosan aerogel through the ionic interactions of the proton exchange between the dimaval sulfonic acid and chitosan aerogel amine group. After characterization, the composite was used in the oxidation reaction of certain alkylarenes, aliphatic and benzylic alcohols as well as cyclohexanol. High conversions and excellent selectivities were obtained for the solvent-free reactions using a low catalyst amount under aerobic conditions at 80 °C for 2–5 h. The organometallic compound is applicable as a heterogeneous catalyst having high chemical stability and recyclability up to eight times.
KeywordsDimaval Chitosan aerogel Ruthenium Heterogeneous catalysis Oxidation
Ru(III)-dimaval support on chitosan aerogel
Scanning electron microscope
X-ray photoelectron spectroscopy
Flame atomic absorption spectroscopy
We gratefully acknowledge the facilities provided by Kuwait University through projects GS 01/05, GS 03/01, GS 01/03 and GE 01/07.
- Brustolin L, Nardon C, Pettenuzzo N, Zuin Fantoni N, Quarta S, Chiara F, Gambalunga A, Trevisan A, Marchiò L, Pontissoc P, Fregona D (2018) Synthesis, chemical characterization and cancer cell growth-inhibitory activities of Cu(II) and Ru(III) aliphatic and aromatic dithiocarbamato complexes. Dalton Trans 47:15477–15486PubMedCrossRefPubMedCentralGoogle Scholar
- Chauhan S (2015) Modification of chitosan for sorption of metal ions. J Chem Pharm Res 7:49–55Google Scholar
- Gore ES (1983) Ruthenium-catalyzed oxidations of organic compounds. Platin Metals Rev 27:111–125Google Scholar
- Katritzky R, Meth-Cohn O, Rees CW, Pattenden G (1995) Comprehensive organic functional group transformations. Elsevier Science, OxfordGoogle Scholar
- Larock RC (1999) In comprehensive organic transformations: a guide to functional group preparations, 2nd edn. Wiley-VCH, New YorkGoogle Scholar
- Lazareva VI, Lazarev AI (1986) Spectrophotometric determination of ruthenium with unithiol. Zavodsk Lab 51:1075–1080Google Scholar