Reaction Orders of the Hydrogenation of Nitrate and Nitrite in Water over a Nickel Catalyst
- 1 Downloads
The hydrogenations of nitrate and nitrite in water were investigated using a Raney Ni catalyst and reduced Ni catalyst. For determination of the reaction orders, reduced Ni is more appropriate than Raney Ni due to the fact that Raney Ni has an intrinsic hydrogen on its surface and is more readily oxidized during the reaction. Based on the reaction orders of the reactants, it was revealed that the adsorption of hydrogen gas on the Ni surface was weaker than those of nitrate and nitrite.
KeywordsHydrogenation Nitrate in water Reaction order Reduced nickel catalyst
This work was partly supported by JSPS KAKENHI Grant Number JP19K05562.
- 1.WHO (2017) Guidelines for drinking-water quality, 4th edn, incorporating the 1st addendum. BrazilGoogle Scholar
- 10.Wang Y, Qu J, Liu H, Wu R (2006) Chin Sci Bull 51:1431–1438Google Scholar
- 24.Krawczyk N, Witonska I, Krolak A, Frajtak M, Karski S (2011) Rev Roum Chim 56:595–600Google Scholar
- 38.Devred F (2004) Delft University Press, DelftGoogle Scholar
- 40.Kefeli LM, Sevast’yanov IG (1952) Dokl Akad Nauk SSSR 83:863–864Google Scholar