The Use of Energy Industry Waste as Sorption Material in the Purification of Reverse Osmosis Concentrate
The article proposes an adsorption technology for the treatment of salt wastewater and concentrate of reverse osmosis plants to remove sulfates and chlorides by multi-tonnage waste from the energy industry — chemical water treatment sludge formed at the wastewater pre-treatment stage. Curves of adsorption of sulfate and chloride ions by granular sorption material in dynamic conditions were obtained. According to the Shilov equation, the time and coefficient of protective action of the loading layer during adsorption purification from sulfate and chloride ions under dynamic conditions were calculated. The basic technological scheme of the pilot wastewater treatment plant and reverse osmosis concentrates of the plant at PJSC Nizhnekamskneftekhim is proposed. The economic benefit and prevented environmental damages implemented using this technology are calculated.
Keywordsadsorption technology reverse osmosis Shilov equation; dynamic conditions granular sorption material chemical water treatment sludge
- 1.O. V. Peshcherova and N. S. Popov, “A method for improving the energy efficiency of a reverse osmosis plant used in water desalination processes” [in Russian], Usp. Khim. Khim. Tekhnol., 28, No. 4 (153), 86–90 (2014).Google Scholar
- 2.T. G. Lupeiko, E. M. Bayan, and M. O. Gorbunova, “Study of technogenic carbonate-reducing waste for the purification of aqueous solutions from nickel (II) ions” [in Russian], Zh. Prikl. Khim., 77, No. 1, 87–91 (2004).Google Scholar
- 3.L. A. Nikolaeva, E. N. Borodai, and M. A. Golubchikov, “Sorption properties of sludge clarifiers in the treatment of wastewater from power plants to remove petroleum products” [in Russian], Izv. VUZov, Problemy Energetiki, No. 1–2, 132–137 (2011).Google Scholar
- 4.L. A. Nikolaeva and M. A. Golubchikov, “Investigation of oil product sorption of power plants by modified sludge from TPP clarifiers” [in Russian], Teploenergetika, No. 5, 59–62 (2012).Google Scholar
- 5.A. G. Kasatkin, Basic Processes and Devices of Chemical Technology [in Russian], TID “Alliance”, Moscow (2006).Google Scholar