Prospects of Base Oil Production by GTL Technology in Russia
- 11 Downloads
The article discusses the potentials of production of base oils in Russia by GTL technology. The quality of the base oils produced currently in Russian enterprises are analyzed. The possibility of producing base oils by the GTL process, taking account of the analysis of data on synthesis gas production by various conversion methods and the experience of application of GM process in foreign enterprises, is discussed. The experience of using different types of Fischer-Tropsch synthesis reactors is analyzed and, based on the obtained data, recommendations are offered for their use in Russia.
Keywordsbase oils GTL process synthesis gas Fischer-Tropsch synthesis reactors synthetic oils
This work was carried out with the financial support of the Federal Government though the Ministly of Education and Science of Russia (Unique identifier of works (project) RFMEFI57717X0252, Agreement No. 14.577.21.0252).
- 1.Russian Motor Oils Market: Happiness Not in Volume, but in Its Quality," Electronic source: https://oilcapital.ru/article/genera1/12-12-2016/rossiysIdy-rynok-motomylch-masel-schastie-ne-v-ob-eme-a-v-ego-kachestve.
- 2.Presentation for 20th All-World Conf. On Base Oils and Lubricants, ICTS, London, UK, Park Plaza, Westminster Bridge 17-19 February, 2016, InfoNEK-CONSULT, Russia in epoch of change. A review of Russian lubricants market and current trends, electronic source: https://www.globuc.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/04/CIS-Base-Oils-and-Lubricants-Tamara-Kandelaki-RUS.pdf.
- 3.YaNOS Put Group III Quality Base Oils Production Plant into Operation [in Russian], electronic source: http://wv.rw.gazprom-neft.ru/press-centednews/1119928/
- 4.A Review of SLF Production Technologies Developed by Shell and Sasol, electronic source: http://cyberleninka.rutarticle/v/obzor-technologiy-polucheniya-szht-razrabotannykh-kompamiyami-shell-i-sasol
- 5.M. Kh. Sosna, Yu. A. Sokolinskii, N. Yu. Shovkoplyas, et al., Problems and Prospects of Development of Gas Chemistry. Trnas. of Moscow Seminar on Gas Chemistry 2004-2005 [in Russian], Neft i Gaz, Moscow (2006), p. 130.Google Scholar
- 6.Alternative Technologies of Natural Gas and Associated Petroleum Gas Utilization [in Russian], electronic source: www.ifs.ru/download.php?id=322
- 7.Development of Technology of Synthetic Liquid Fuels Production at Gazprom OJSC [in Russian], electronic source: https://cyberleninkarufarticle/v/razpabotka-technologii-polucheniya-sinteticheskikh-zhidkikh-topliv-v/oao-gazpromGoogle Scholar
- 10.Lars Carlsson and Niels Fabricius, From Bintulu Shell MDS to Pearl GTL in Qatar Applying the Lessons of Eleven Years of Commercial GTL Experience to Develop a World Scale Plant, Qatar Gastech 2005 14-17 March 2005, Bilbao.Google Scholar
- 11.M. Kh. Sosna and N. Yu. Shovkoplyas, Gazokhimiya, No. 3-4, 18-21 (2011).Google Scholar
- 12.it Szynkarczuk, M. Robinson, and L. G. Huve, Proc. American Fuel & Petrochemical Manufacturers, Annual Meeting, March 23-25, 2014, Hyatt Regency, Orlando, Fl.Google Scholar