Boris Moiseevich Tsukerman − The Founder of the Electroimpulse Therapy Method for the Treatment of Supraventricular Arrhythmia
- 5 Downloads
The main biographic details and scientific activity of the Russian electrophysiologist B. M. Tsukerman (1920-2007), who made an enormous contribution to the development and clinical introduction of the electroimpulse method of treating supraventricular arrhythmias, are presented.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Gurvich, N. L., Cardiac Fibrillation and Defibrillation [in Russian], Medgiz, Moscow (1957).Google Scholar
- 3.Gorbunov, B., Venin, I., and Vostrikov, V., The History of Defibrillation in the USSR, Russia, and Ukraine: Technology at the Service of Medicine [in Russian], Lambert Academic Publishers, Saarbrücken: (2016), pp. 4-12.Google Scholar
- 4.Gorbunov, B., Venin, I., and Vostrikov, V., The History of Defibrillation in the USSR, Russia and Ukraine: Technology at the Service of Medicine, Lambert Academic Publishers, Saarbrücken (2017), pp. 4-11.Google Scholar
- 5.Tsukerman, B. M. and Gurvich, N. L., “Elimination of experimentally induced flutter arrhythmia by electrical defibrillation of atrium,” Eksp. Khirurg., No. 3, 38-44 (1956).Google Scholar
- 6.Krymskii, L. D. and Tsukerman, B. M., “Morphological changes in the heart after electrical defibrillation and direct massage,” Vestn. Khir. im. I. I. Grekova, 79, No. 11, 86-90 (1957).Google Scholar
- 7.Vishnevskii, A. A., Tsukerman, B. M., and Smelovskii, S. I., “Elimination of atrial flutter arrhythmia by electrical defibrillation of the atria,” Klin. Med., 37, No. 8, 26-29 (1959).Google Scholar
- 8.Tsukerman, B. M., Electroimpulse Therapy for Impairments to the Cardiac Rhythm (an Experimental and Clinical-Physiological Study) [in Russian], Author’s Abstract of Doctoral Thesis in Biological Sciences (1971).Google Scholar
- 9.Vishnevskii, A. A., Smelovskii, S. I., and Tsukerman, B. M., in: Bogush, L. K. et al. (eds.), The Technique of Mitral Commissurotomy: Symposium Proceedings (22-23 February 1960, Moscow) [in Russian], Moscow (1960), pp. 35-38.Google Scholar
- 10.Tsukerman, B. M., “Experience in electrical atrial defibrillation in 20 patients with mitral valve disease,” Vestn. AMN SSSR, No. 8, 32-35 (1961).Google Scholar
- 11.Vishnevskii, A. A. and Tsukerman, B. M., “Electroimpulse therapy of cardiac arrhythmias,” Klin. Med., No. 7, 5-19 (1965).Google Scholar
- 12.Vishnevsky, A. A. and Tsukerman, B. M., “Some debatable problems on electroimpulse therapy of cardiac arrhythmias,” J. Cardiovasc. Surg. (Torino), 7, No. 5, 402-407.Google Scholar
- 15.Vishnevskii, A. A., Tsukerman, B. M., and Yanushkevichus, Z. I., Instructions for Electroimpulse Therapy of Cardiac Rhythm Abnormalities [in Russian], Moscow (1968).Google Scholar
- 16.Tsukerman, B. M. and Titomir, L. I., “Selection of the optimum sizes and positions of transthoracic defibrillator electrodes,” Kardiologiya, No. 4, 91-97 (1968).Google Scholar
- 17.Tsukerman, B. M. and Bogdanov, K. Yu., “Distribution of defibrillator current density in the chest and beneath the defibrillator electrodes,” Kardiologiya, No. 1, 49-55 (1975).Google Scholar
- 18.Venin, I. V., Gurvich, N. L., Liberzon, A. P., Tabak, V. Ya., Tsukerman, B. M., and Sherman, A. M., “The model DI-03 and DKI-01 defibrillators,” Nov. Medits. Priborostr., No. 3, 48-53 (1973).Google Scholar
- 21.“Award of the 1970 USSR State Prize in Science and Technology. Decree of the Central Committee of the CPSU and the USSR Council of Ministers of November 5, 1970,” Party Worker’s Reference, No. 11, 255-265 (1971).Google Scholar
- 22.“Tsukerman, Boris Moiseevich (March 6, 1920, L’gov, Kursk District, USSR – March 21, 2007, Palo Alto, California, USA): Publications,” Archive of the History of Defibrillation in the USSR, Russia, and Ukraine (site), compiled and edited by B. B. Gorbunov, Moscow (2018); http://www.defibrillation.ru/tsukerman-publication.html.
- 23.Tsukerman, B. M., Experimental Ventricular and Atrial Defibrillation [in Russian], Author’s Abstract of Doctoral Thesis for Master’s Degree in Biological Sciences (1958).Google Scholar
- 24.Tsukerman, B., Attention ... Discharge! [in Russian], Port-Folio Internet Almanac, No. 89 (February 26, 2005), Chap. 43; http://www.port-folio.org/2005/part43.htm.