Design of Individual Components of the Prosthesis for Revision Hip Replacement
- 5 Downloads
The number of cases with extensive and complex bone defects undergoing revision endoprosthetization continues to increase. We tested a reendoprosthetization method for hip joints with severe bone tissue deficits using individualized endoprosthesis components in four patients. Clinical data showed that use of a personalized approach to reendoprosthetization of hip joints with severe bone tissue deficit provided complete filling of defects in the acetabulum.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Park, B., Liporace, F., and Marwin, S., “Managing acetabular defects in total hip arthroplasty,” Bull. Hosp. Jt. Dis., 75, No. 1, 37-46 (2017).Google Scholar
- 3.Villatte, G., Erivan, R., Salles, G., Pereira, B., Galvin, M., Descamps, S., and Boisgard, S., “Acetabular bone defects in THA revision: Reconstruction using morsellised virus-inactivated bone allograft and reinforcement ring. Seven-year outcomes in 95 patients,” Orthop. Traumatol. Surg. Res., 103, No. 4, 543-548 (2017).CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 4.Abolghasemian, M., Sadeghi Naini, M., Tangsataporn, S., Lee, P., Backstein, D., Safir, O., Kuzyk, P., and Gross, A. E., “Reconstruction of massive uncontained acetabular defects using allograft with cage or ring reinforcement: An assessment of the graft’s ability to restore bone stock and its impact on the outcome of re-revision,” Bone Joint J., 96-B, No. 3, 319-324 (2014).CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 7.Waddell, B. S. and Della Valle, A. G., “Reconstruction of non-contained acetabular defects with impaction grafting, a reinforcement mesh and a cemented polyethylene acetabular component,” Bone Joint J., 99-B, No. 1, Supplement A, 25-30 (2017).Google Scholar
- 11.Hourscht, C., Abdelnasser, M. K., Ahmad, S. S., Kraler, L., Keel, M. J., Siebenrock, K. A., and Klenke, F. M., “Reconstruction of AAOS type III and IV acetabular defects with the Ganz reinforcement ring: High failure in pelvic discontinuity,” Arch. Orthop. Trauma Surg., 137, No. 8, 1139-1148 (2017).CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 19.Gubin, A. V., Kuznetsov, V. P., Borzunov, D. Yu., Koryukov, A. A., Reznik, A. V., and Chevardin, A. Yu., “Problems and perspectives in the introduction of customized implants made using additive technologies into traumatology and orthopedics,” Med. Tekh., No. 4, 52-55 (2016).Google Scholar
- 20.Esipova, A. A., “Use of geodesic domes in construction: Advantages and drawbacks,” Nauk Sovremen., No. 38, 8-11 (2015).Google Scholar
- 21.Romanovich, A. N., “Geodesic domes. Characteristics of use and computations,” Sovremen. Innov., 8, No. 6, 22-23 (2016).Google Scholar