A Dual-Port Introducer for Mediated Laser-Induced Thermotherapy of Baker’s Cyst
- 3 Downloads
The experience in applying a new method of treating patients with Baker’s cyst is described. The method is based on laser-induced thermotherapy using a special dual-port introducer. It has been shown that the use of the developed surgical instruments makes it possible to reduce the time and cost of the procedure and to increase its safety. It also allows the period of rehabilitation to be reduced in comparison with the conventional surgical methods of treatment. Based on the results of the application of the new method and equipment, practical recommendations have been formulated that make it possible to individualize the treatment of patients with Baker’s cyst.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Petrov, V. G., Nelaeva, A. A., Aleksandrova, E. A., Antonova, E. V., Khuchasheva, I. A., and Melekhin, E. V., “To the question of effectiveness and safety of minimally invasive laser-induced thermotherapy of cystic colloidal nodules of the thyroid gland,” Univ. Med. Urala, 1, No. 1, 28-33 (2015).Google Scholar
- 2.Anufrieva, S. S., Bordunovskii, V. N., and Kurenkov, E. L., “Laser-induced sclerotherapy of mammary gland cysts,” Vestn. YuUGU. Ser. Obraz. Zdravookhr. Fiz. Kul’t., No. 19 (195), 17-23 (2010).Google Scholar
- 4.Chernyadiev, S. A., Chernookov, A. I., Zhilyakov, A. V., and Korobova, N. Yu., “Comparative efficiency of interstitial laser obliteration and arthroscopic coagulation of Baker’s cyst anastomosis,” Khirurg, No. 10, 73-77 (2014).Google Scholar
- 5.Nurbulatova, L. G., “Surface relief and structure of the microcirculatory bed of the synovial membrane of periarticular synovial bursae of the knee joint,” Morfologiya, 137, No. 4, 144 (2010).Google Scholar
- 6.Trгistaru, R. O. D. I. C. A., Popescu, R., Gruia C., and Rogoveanu, O., “A complex assessment of patients with knee osteoarthritis and Baker’s cyst: Observational study,” Rom. J. Morphol. Embryol., 54, No. 3, 593-601 (2013).Google Scholar
- 7.Bagratashvili, V. N., Zakharkina, O. L., Ignat’eva, N. Yu., and Lunin, V. V., Laser-Induced and Thermal Modification of Connective Tissue Structure [in Russian], Intellekt, Dolgoprudny (2016).Google Scholar
- 10.Mazo, A. B., Heat Transfer: Theoretical Basis and Calculation [in Russian], KGU, Kazan (2013).Google Scholar
- 11.Shakhrai, S. V., Gain, Yu. M., Gain, M. Yu., and Ryabtseva, S. N., “An experimental substantiation of the procedure for selecting the optimal wavelength for minimally invasive surgical treatment of chronic hemorrhoids using high-intensity laser radiation,” Kazan. Med. Zh., 94, No. 2, 271-277 (2013).Google Scholar
- 12.Chernyadiev, S. A., Zhilyakov, A. V., Gorbatov, V. I., Korobova, N. Yu., Sivkova, N. I., Aretinsky, A. V., and Chernookov, A. I., “Mathematical simulation of thermophysical processes in a Baker’s cyst wall in the process of heating the intracyst fluid using 1.47-μm laser radiation,” Komp. Issl. Model., 10, No. 1, 103-112 (2018).Google Scholar