Modeling of Thermal Radiation by the Kidney in the Microwave Range
- 2 Downloads
Thermal radiation by the multilayered structure of the part of the body containing the kidney was modeled for adaptation of waveguide antennas developed for use in breast examination to use in urology. These calculations confirmed the possibility of using microwave radiometry to detect vesicoureteral reflux and other renal pathologies.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Ermolaeva, Yu. A., et al., “Current concepts of vesicoureteral reflux and reflux nephropathy in childhood (literature review),”Sib. Med. Zh., 23, No. 4-2, 111-119 (2008).Google Scholar
- 2.Borisova, O. A., Diagnostic Effectiveness of Radionuclide, Ultrasound, and X-Ray Studies of Children with Vesico-Ureteral Reflux [in Russian], Dissertation for Master’s Degree in Medical Sciences, Moscow (2010).Google Scholar
- 3.Stauffer, P. et al., “Microwave radiometry for non-invasive detection of vesicoureteral reflux (VUR) following bladder warming,” Proc. SPIE Int. Soc. Opt. Eng., 7901, 1-18 (2011).Google Scholar
- 5.Avdoshin, V. P., Andryukhin, M. I., and Shirshov, V. N., Deep Radio Thermometry in the Diagnosis and Assessment of Treatment Efficacy in Urological Diseases [in Russian], Quantum Medicine Association, Moscow (2007).Google Scholar
- 6.Avdoshin, V. P. et al., “Radiothermometry in the diagnosis of acute pyelonephritis,” Vestn. RUDN Ser. Med., No. 2, 67-69 (2002).Google Scholar
- 7.Gabriel, S., Lau, R. W., and Gabriel, C., “The dielectric properties of biological tissues: III. Parametric models for the dielectric spectrum of tissues,” Phys. Med. Biol., No. 41, 2271-2293 (1996).Google Scholar
- 9.Arunachalam, K. et al., “Non-invasive vesicoureteral reflux detection: Heating risk studies for a new device,” J. Pediatr. Urol., 6, 624-630 (2011).Google Scholar
- 10.Gulyaev, Yu. V., Gudkov, A. G., Leushin, V. Yu., et al., “Devices for the diagnosis of pathological changes in the human body by microwave radiometry,” Nanotekhnol. Razrabot. Primen. XXI Vek, 9, No. 2, 27-45 (2017).Google Scholar