New Methods for Digital Processing of Microfocus X-Ray Images
- 1 Downloads
Three algorithms for digital processing of X-ray images were considered: correction of X-ray background based on subtraction of the distortion function, locally-adaptive equalization of histogram, and image detail contrast enhancement. The developed methods were tested in samples of microfocus X-ray images. All three methods were shown to provide satisfactory image processing.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Potrakhov, N. N., Research and Development of Microfocus X-Ray Imaging Methods for Application in Dentistry and Maxillofacial Surgery [in Russian], SPbGETU LETI, St. Petersburg (2008).Google Scholar
- 2.Potrakhov, N. N., “A method for and specific features of forming shadow X-ray images using microfocus radiation sources,” Vestn. Nov. Med. Tekhnol., No. 3, 167-169 (2007).Google Scholar
- 3.Staroverov, N. E., Kholopova, E. D., Gryaznov, A. Yu., and Zhamova, K. K., “Development of digital processing method of microfocus X-ray images,” J. Phys. Conf. Ser., 808, No. 1, 1-4 (2017).Google Scholar
- 4.Gonzalez, R. and Woods, R., Digital Image Processing [Russian translation], Tekhnosfera, Moscow (2006), pp. 243-254.Google Scholar
- 5.Sobel, I. and Feldman, G., A 3×3 Isotropic Gradient Operator for Image Processing. Pattern Classification and Scene Analysis, Wiley, New York (1973), pp. 271-272.Google Scholar