Studies of the Electrochemical Properties of Thin-Film Materials for Coating Cardiac Stimulator Electrodes
- 5 Downloads
The frequency characteristics of the admittances of a series of candidate materials for coating pacemaker electrode poles were studied. A method for assessing the properties of current transfer from an electrode connected to a source of stimulatory impulses to tissues is described. The main factors influencing decreases in the effectiveness of this transfer are identified. Potential physical vapor deposition technologies for depositing coatings, followed by alloying of films with metal ion beams, which increase the production of charged particles on the surfaces of the poles, are presented.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Shal’dakh, M. Electrocardiotherapy [in Russian], Severo-Zapad Press, St. Petersburg (1992).Google Scholar
- 2.Specht, H. et al., “Structural properties of PVD coatings on implants and their influence on stimulation performance in pacing applications,” in Proceedings of Materials for Medical Devices Conference, Boston (2005), pp. 169-173.Google Scholar
- 3.Obrezkov, O. I. et al., “Study of electrochemical properties of thin film materials, obtained using plasma technologies, for production of electrodes for pacemakers,” J. Phys.: Conference Series, 748, No. 012018, 1-5 (2016).Google Scholar
- 4.Andreev, E. S. et al., “Development and clinical introduction of nanostructured coating for endocardiac electrode poles with titanium nitride,” Med. Tekh., No. 3, 13-15 (2010).Google Scholar
- 5.Morozova, N. B. et al., “Singularity in growth of the Pt and Ir films obtained by metalorganic chemical vapor deposition,” in: Proc. 15th Int. Europ. Conf. on Chemical Vapor Deposition, Bochum, Germany (2005), Vol. 9, pp. 754-761.Google Scholar
- 6.Brown, I. G. The Physics and Technology of Ion Sources [Russian translation], Mir, Moscow (1998).Google Scholar
- 7.Obrezkov, O. I. et al., “The properties of TiN coatings deposited by ion bombardment condensation using a high-energy ion beam,” Izv. Akad. Nauk Ross. Fed. Ser. Fiz., 66, 1199-1203 (2002).Google Scholar
- 8.Barsukov, E. and Macdonald, J. R., Impedance Spectroscopy. Theory, Experiment, and Applications, John Wiley & Sons, Inc. (2005).Google Scholar
- 9.Baeckmann, W. and Schwenk, W., Handbook of Cathodic Corrosion Protection [Russian translation], Metallurgiya, Moscow (1984).Google Scholar