Analysis of Viscoelastic Parameters of Fluids by Low-Frequency Piezoelastography
Theoretical and experimental analysis of viscoelastic properties of fluids at low oscillating shear stresses was performed. Mathematic approach for calculating the complex coefficient of viscosity on the basis of experimental data on the amplitude-phase characteristics measured by the method of low-frequency piezoelastography was developed. The dependencies of the amplitude and phase shift of the signal recorded by a piezoelectric detector of a ARP-01M Mednord piezoelectric thromboelastograph on the frequency of forced oscillations of a resonator needle in air, water, and glycerin at fixed temperature of 37°C were studied. It was found that with increasing fluid viscosity, the resonance frequency of oscillations decreases in comparison with the frequency of oscillations in air.
Key Wordsviscoelastic characteristics of a liquid low-frequency piezoelastography method oscillatory viscosimetry complex viscosity coefficient mathematical modeling
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Vargaftik NB. Handbook of Thermophysical Properties of Gases and Liquids. Moscow, 1972. Russian.Google Scholar
- 2.Tyutrin II, Udut VV. Low Frequency Piezothromboelastography of the Whole Blood: Algorithms of Diagnostics and Correction of Hemostasis Disorders. Tomsk, 2016. Russian.Google Scholar
- 3.Udut VV, Tyutrin II, Solov’ev MA, Klimenkova VF, Malyugin EF, Karchagina OS, Borodulina EV, Turenko AV. Global Tests in Evaluation of the Function of Pro-and Anticoagulant Systems: Present and Future. Bull. Exp. Biol. Med. 2015;159(2):205-208. doi: https://doi.org/10.1007/s10517-015-2923-8.CrossRefPubMedGoogle Scholar
- 6.Antonova N. Methods in blood rheology — from theoretical and experimental approach to clinical applications. Series on Biomechanics. 2012;27(1-2):44-50.Google Scholar
- 11.Rheology — New Concepts, Applications and Methods. Durairaj R, ed. InTECH, 2013.Google Scholar
- 12.Robertson AM, Sequeira A, Marina V. Kameneva MV. Hemorheology. Hemodynamical Flows. Oberwolfach Seminars. Basel, 2008;37:63-120.Google Scholar
- 15.Yilmaz F, Gundogdu MY. A critical review on blood flow in large arteries; relevance to blood rheology, viscosity models, and physiologic conditions. Korea-Aust. Rheol. J. 2008;20(4):197-211.Google Scholar