Effect of Combined Antimicrobial Therapy on Ischemia/Reperfusion Myocardial Injury in Rats with Acute Inflammation of the Large Intestine against the Background of Alimentary Obesity
We studied the effect of combined antimicrobial therapy with amoxicillin, metronidazole, and clarithromycin on the severity of ischemia/reperfusion myocardial injury in Wistar rats with alimentary obesity and acute inflammation of the large intestine. General ischemia/reperfusion was reproduced on Langendorff-perfused isolated hearts and infarct size was estimated. Acute inflammation of the large intestine was accompanied by an increase in the blood levels of proinflammatory cytokines. The presence of obesity and acute inflammation of the large intestine did not significantly affect the infarct size in comparison with the control. Administration of antimicrobial drugs to animals with obesity and acute inflammation of the large intestine led to a significant increase in the infarct size, which should be considered when prescribing antimicrobial therapy to patients with comorbidity.
Key Wordsantimicrobial agents isolated heart ischemia infarct size
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Borshchov YuYu, Gromova LV, Ermolenko EI, Grefner NM, Borshchova IYu, Gruzdkov AA. Responses of peptide hydrolases of the small and large intestines in rats on the administration of antibiotics. Ross. Fiziol. Zh. 2012;98(6):724-733. Russian.Google Scholar
- 2.Borschev YuYu, Ermolenko EI. Metabolic syndrome and intestinal microecology. Translyatsionnaya Meditsina. 2014;(1):19-28. Russian.Google Scholar
- 3.Borshcev YuYu, Minasian SM, Burovenko IYu, Ermolenko EI, Suvorov AN, Galagudza MM. Influence of probiotic strain E. Faecium l3 on myocardial tolerance to ischemia-reperfusion injury in the model of antibiotic-induced intestinal dysbiosis. Ross. Fiziol. Zh. 2016; 102(11):1323-1332. Russian.Google Scholar
- 4.Borshchev YY, Sinitsa AV, Zakharchenko MM, Borshchev VY, Burovenko IY, Galagudza MM. Effect of Antiobiotic-Induced Disbiosis and Its Correction with Probiotics on Myocardial Tolerance to Ischemia-Reperfusion Injury in SPF Rats. Bull. Exp. Biol. Med. 2019;166(4):440-443. doi: https://doi.org/10.1007/s10517-019-04368-5 CrossRefPubMedGoogle Scholar
- 5.Intestinal Dysbiosis: a Guide on Diagnosis and Treatment. Suvorov AN, Uspenskii YuP, Orlov SV, eds. St. Petersburg, 2015. Russian.Google Scholar
- 6.Korolev DV, Aleksandrov IV, Galagudza MM, Syrenskii AV, Sonin DL, Egorova E.I. Automation of data acquisition and processing in physiological experiments. Regionar. Krovoobr. Mikrotsirk. 2008;7(2):79-84. Russian.Google Scholar
- 7.Minasian SM, Badrikhanova LR, Galagudza MM, Kurapeev DI. Comparative assessment of the protective effect of hypothermia, ischemic preconditioning and modified cardioplegic solutions against ischemia-reperfusion injury in the isolated rat heart. Regionar. Krovoobr. Mikrotsirk. 2008;7(2):72-78. Russian.Google Scholar
- 8.Ermolenko E, Rybalchenko O, Borshev Y, Tarasova E, Kramskaya T, Leontieva G, Kotyleva M, Orlova O, Abdurasulova I, Suvorov A. Influence of monostrain and multistrain probiotics on immunity, intestinal ultrastructure and microbiota in experimental dysbiosis. Benef. Microbes. 2018;9(6):937-949.CrossRefGoogle Scholar