Functional Activity of Lymphocytes of Healthy Donors and Cancer Patients After Culturing with IL-2 and IL-15
- 7 Downloads
The study focused on activation of lymphocytes derived from healthy donors and cancer patients in the medium supplemented with IL-2 and IL-15 at low concentrations. We studied morphological features of cultured cells, their viability, and proliferative and functional activities during culturing for up to 14 days. In comparison with lymphocytes derived from cancer patients, white blood cells derived from healthy donors demonstrated a number of advantages under the given culturing conditions such as higher viability, greater proliferative activity, and the potency for earlier activation; moreover, during activation they secreted the anti-inflammatory cytokines IL-4 and IL-10 at greater concentrations.
Key Wordsin vitro lymphocyte activation IL-2 IL-15 lymphocyte functional activity adoptive immunotherapy
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Abakushina EV, Marizina YuV, Neprina GS. Efficiency of IL-2 and IL-15 combined use for activation of cytotoxic lymphocytes in vitro. Geny Kletki. 2015;10(2):78-85. Russian.Google Scholar
- 3.Volkov NM. Cell-based anticancer immunotherapy methods. Prakt. Onkol. 2016;17(2):90-98. Russian.Google Scholar
- 4.Kadagidze ZG. Cytokines. Prakt. Onkol. 2003;4(3):131-139. Russian.Google Scholar
- 5.Kaprin AD, Galkin VN, Zhavoronkov LP, Ivanov VK, Ivanov SA, Romanko YuS. Synthesis of basic and applied research is the basis of obtaining high-quality findings and translating them into clinical practice. Radiatsiya Risk. 2017;26(2):26-40. Russian.Google Scholar
- 6.Nuriev RI, Karaulov AV, Kisielewski MV. Novel treatment strategies for patients with cancer: immunotherapeutic approach. Immunologia. 2017;38(1):39-48. Russian.Google Scholar
- 7.Kaprin AD, Abakushina EV, Marizina JV, Neprina GS. Patent RU No. 2603079. Method of cytogenetic activation of human lymphocytes. Bull. No. 32. Published November 20, 2016.Google Scholar
- 8.Simbirtsev AS. Cytokines - classification and biologic functions. Tsitokiny Vospalenie. 2004;3(2):16-22. Russian.Google Scholar
- 9.Yurova KA, Khaziakhmatova OG, Todosenko NM, Litvinova LS. Effects of γc-cytokines (IL-2, IL-7, and IL-15) on maturation and differentiation of CD45RО+CD4+/CD8+Т cells in vitro. Med. Immunol. 2018;20(1):45-52. Russian.Google Scholar
- 11.Granzin M, Wagner J, Köhl U, Cerwenka A, Huppert V, Ullrich E. Shaping of natural killer cell antitumor activity by ex vivo cultivation. Front. Immunol. 2017;8. ID 458. doi: https://doi.org/10.3389/fimmu.2017.00458.
- 12.Gras Navarro A, Björklund AT, Chekenya M. Therapeutic potential and challenges of natural killer cells in treatment of solid tumors. Front. Immunol. 2015;6. ID 202. doi: https://doi.org/10.3389/fimmu.2015.00202.