Experimental Study of Flakozid Activity in Viral Hepatitis C In Vitro
- 6 Downloads
Antiviral activity of a Russian drug flakozid towards infection caused by a cytopathogenic variant of hepatitis C virus in SPEV cells is studied. Flakozid is an individual natural flavonoid glycoside 7-O-β-D-glucopyranoside-8-(methyl-but)-2-enyl)-5,4’-dioxyflavanolol), isolated from the leaves of Phellodendron amurense Rupr. and Ph. amurense var. lavallei (Dode) Sprague, Rutaceae family. High antiviral activity of flakozid manifests in response to its addition into the monolayer of SPEV cells infected by hepatitis C virus during all periods of experiment. Flakozid exhibits weak cytotoxicity and no viricidal activity towards hepatitis C virus, which is comparable to activity of ribavirin (antiviral drug). Chemotherapeutic index of flakozid is 15-25 times higher than that of the reference drug ribavirin.
Key Wordshepatitis C virus flakozid ribavirin antiviral activity
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Bortnikova VV, Krepkova LV. Experimental toxicological study of antiviral herbal drug Flakosid Vestn. Ross. Univer. Druzhby Narodov. Ser.: Meditsina. 2008;(7):92-95. Russian.Google Scholar
- 2.Vichkanova SA, Baginskaya AI, Shipulina LD, Bortnikova VV. Flakosid as an effective herbal drug for the treatment of viral/non-viral hepatitis and viral skin infections. Chemistry, Technology, Medicine. Collection of scientific papers of All-Russian Research Institute of Medicinal and Aromatic Plants. Moscow, 2000. P. 316-323. Russian.Google Scholar
- 3.Vichkanova SA, Kolkhir VK, Sokol’skaya TA, Voskoboinikova IV, Bykov VA. Pharmacological Substances from Plants. Moscow, 2009. Russian.Google Scholar
- 4.Deryabin PG, L’vov DK. High productive hepatitis C virus variant. Isolation, identification, properties. Dokl. Akad. Nauk. 1998;358(5):688-691. Russian.Google Scholar
- 5.Dudanova OP, Larina NA. Results of antiviral therapy for chronic hepatitis C virus genotype 1B infection. J. Biomed. Technol. (Russ). 2015;(2):43-48. Russian.Google Scholar
- 6.Ershov FI, Tasulakhova EB, Narovlyanskii AN, Mironov AN, Merkulova VA, Leneva IA, Odpel’nikova TA, Vasil’eva AN. Methodical recommendations on preclinical evaluation of specific antiviral activity of drugs. Manual for Preclinical Studies of New Pharmacological Substances. Part I, Mironov AN, ed. Moscow, 2012. P. 527-551. Russian.Google Scholar
- 7.Ivashkin VT, Maevskaya MV, Morozova MA, Lyusina EO. Modern treatment regimens for patients with chronic hepatitis C. Ross. Zh. Gastroenterol., Gepatol., Koloproktol. 2012;22(1):36-44. Russian.Google Scholar
- 8.Yushchuk ND. Recommendations for the Treatment of Hepatitis C in Adults. Moscow, 2017. Russian.Google Scholar