Hepatoprotective Effect of Neonatal Administration of Non-Opioid Leu-Enkephalin Analogue in Adult Albino Rats Subjected to Antenatal Hypoxia
- 2 Downloads
We studied the effects of neonatal administration of non-opioid leu-enkephalin analogue peptide NALE) on the morphological parameters of the liver and redox status of 60-dayold albino rats subjected to antenatal hypoxia. In animals subjected to antenatal hypoxia, a decrease body weight and reduction of the area of hepatocytes and total area of their nucleoli were observed; these changes were accompanied by activation of free-radical processes and impairment of antioxidant defense in the liver and blood serum. Intraperitoneal administration of NALE (100 μg/kg, daily) during postnatal days 2-6 normalized body weight, hepatocyte area, and total area of their nucleoli, significantly reduced the intensity of ROS generation, and improved antioxidant protection in the liver and blood serum in 60-day-old animals subjected to antenatal hypoxia.
Key Wordsantenatal hypoxia hepatocytes free radical oxidation bioactive peptides
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Arutyunyan AV, Dubinina EE, Zybina NN. Methods for Evaluation of Free Radical Oxidation and Antioxidant Protection of the Organism. St. Petersburg, 2000. Russian.Google Scholar
- 2.Vladimirov YuA, Azizova OA, Deev AI, Kozlov AV, Osipov AN, Roshchupkin DI. Free radical in Living Systems. Biofizika (Itogi Nauki Tekhniki VINITI Akad. Nauk USSR). 1991;29:28-31. Russian.Google Scholar
- 3.Kozhevskii DE, Gilarov AV. Basics of Histological Technique. St. Petersburg, 2010. Russian.Google Scholar
- 7.Shtein GI, Kudriavtseva MV, Kudriavtsev BN. Change in morphometric parameters in silver-stained nucleoli from hepatocytes of rats with liver cirrhosis and during rehabilitation from it. Tsytologiya. 1999;41(7):574-579. Russian.Google Scholar
- 8.Al-Hasani R, Bruchas M.R. Molecular mechanisms of opioid receptor-dependent signaling and behavior. Anesthesiology. 2011;115(6):1363-1381.Google Scholar