Contractile Activity of Lymph Nodes in Young, Middle-Aged, and Old Rats
- 16 Downloads
We studied age-associated changes in contractile activity of isolated cervical and mesenteric lymph nodes in rats. In young and middle-aged rats, no significant changes in contractile activity of lymph nodes were revealed. In old rats, the amplitude of spontaneous contractions of lymph nodes was lower and their rate was higher than in young and middle-aged animals; the sensitivity of lymph nodes to vasoactive agents was reduced and the threshold of the response was higher in old rats.
Key Wordslymph nodes smooth muscles lymph node capsule
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Bulekbayeva LE, Makachev ЕK, Demchenko GA, Abdrechov SN. Transport function of lymph nodes in body antiorthostatic posture. Ros. Fiziol. Zh. 2007;93(1):39-45. Russian.Google Scholar
- 2.Gelashvily OA. Variant of periodization of biologically similar stages of human and rat’s ontogenesis. Saratov. Nauch.-Med. Zh. 2008;4(22):125-126. Russian.Google Scholar
- 3.Gorchakova OV, Gorchakov VN. Structural and functional peculiarities of the of inguinal lymph nodes and lymph flow during aging. Morfologiya. 2013;144(4):25-29. Russian.Google Scholar
- 4.Konenkov VI, Borodin YuI, Lyubarskii MS. Lymphology. Novosibirsk, 2012. Russian.Google Scholar
- 5.Kraiushkin AI, Kapitonova MYu, Alexandrova LI. Functional anatomy of the lymph node with aspects of evidence based medicine. Vestn. Volgograd. Med. Univer. 2010;(3):3-7. Russian.Google Scholar
- 6.Lobov GI, Orlov RS. Cell mechanisms of lymph transport regulation. Ros. Fiziol. Zh. 1995;81(6):19-28. RussianGoogle Scholar
- 7.Lobov GI, Pan’kova MN. Lymph transport in lymphatic nodes: mechanisms of regulation. Ros. Fiziol. Zh. 2012;98(11):1350-1361. Russian.Google Scholar
- 8.Lobov GI, Pan’kova MN, Abdreshov SN. Transport function of the lymph nodes in young and old animals. Uspekhi Gerantol. 2015;28(4):681-686. Russian.Google Scholar
- 9.Petrenko VM. Constitution of lymphatic system. Byull. Sib. Otdel. Ross. Akad. Med. Nauk. 2012;32(2):29-35. Russian.Google Scholar